• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Larry Vetterman's new bird is in the air!

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
Congrats, Larry!

vetterman.jpg

Attachments

• vetterman.jpg
    vetterman.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 2,262
I’ve been watching this go together. Larry has some really good ideas. This is probably his 12th Home Built?
congratulations Larry!

I didn’t send any data when I sent the picture to S.J. to post for me. It weighs 1070 lbs with the 27.5 tundra tires and the Matco 10 inch tail wheel. I used Superflite fabric process on this one. It has the 340 stroker and the whirlwind GA prop.

Scratch built? Javron, CC? Looks very very nice! Love the paint scheme and colors!

Kurt

The air intake is a standard Vans filtered air box with the addition of the RV-6-7 sub cowl. Very easy installation and it is filtered air even when carb heat is used. I don’t have any pictures of it right now but could take some when I remove the bottom cowl for inspection. LV

Very simple answer why I didn’t use Oratex. I didn’t like the oratex yellow color so when I found that superflite had it I went with that process.

Holy smokes! Between Clint and yourself, it seems like you guys churn out a new plane every couple months! Can't wait to see it in person someday! You still have your first Javron?

Awesome! You have built 2 complete planes in the time it has taken me to scratch build something that is getting close to resembling wings. Very nice. Congrats!

I really look forward to seeing this and looking up close. Larry is an incredible builder and I'm sure I will pick up all kinds of great ideas. Those of you building.....go look and talk to Larry. You will learn much and save yourself lots of time and effort.

Congratulations Larry. Awesome job.

Bill

Wes, thanks, I’m gonna bring either the white cub or the new one down to Abilene for the winter as a number of people have asked to see it and I can do some exploring around there.

Back