Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WAD 2019 It is Time

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words, but the hardest part is remembering to take photos and videos at every_stop_and_in_between. Which of course I didn't. There's always next year... over in PA/OH/WV with Jason and Jamie.

(on the other hand, we had so much fun on the south end of Champlain, and between Killington and bethel that there was simply no option for photos or videos)

pb

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish a few weeks back on one of my B-17 rides I wish I had my camera in hand when I had just gotten up front into the nose of the plane and onto the bombardiers seat to look out the nose and see we were level with Snowshed base with the Killington Peak about 1200 feet above. That was a wondrous view as the pilot circled the valley.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great video Peter. I flew more in the last 20 minutes than I’ve flown all year. Loved the blue tracking lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skywagon8a View Post
    Hollywood central casting. Is this a scene from a Stephen King movie?
    Hey I thought you guys were headed home??? Ice Cream for everyone...
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a well preserved body but rather to slide in sideways, well used up proclaiming "WOW What a Ride"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cubdriver2 View Post
    Those of us that have been privedged to be a part of the WAD Flyin over the years have had a chance to be apart of a life changing flying experience. Not only the awesomeness of the NE in all it color and natural
    rugged beauty but all the great relationships that have been made at a small piece of heaven in a little town in Northern New Hampshire. All made possible by a great couple who invited us to discover their playground. They not only take care of their flying friends but are making sure their lovely little town of Wentworth survives into the future, a great neighbor to all.

Thanks John and Jen, the trip has been amazing

Glenn
    Glenn,
    As you know with Tom's wedding on Saturday and Our friend John Chivers memorial service on Sunday we turned to friends like you and Peter to take up our slack and show our friends a really good time. I was told by one of the Ohio boys that in all of his years of flying this weekend was the very best he has ever done. You and Peter must take full credit for that. As you all know it was not our neighbors, it was not the work load and it was not our fantastic friends that came to visit. It was clearly that once we topped 40 airplanes our WAD and the skies around it were stretched to beyond capacity and it was time to have the likes of Jason and Jamie Schiestle of Greenville Pa. 4G1 take the reigns and make the WAD something new and different. As I said at our last night together it has been a great 13 years as the WAD grew from 8 Airplanes and transformed and molded itself. I never lacked from someone asking what they could do. I cannot forget the likes of the behind the scenes WAD crew such as Rene and Heather as well as Peter Brown and Dave and Laura along with John and Karen that made the WAD experience what it was and is. I once again need to recognize my wife Jen. She does not fly and this is not her passion it is mine. She however worked endless hours giving big smile greetings with hugs and opened her home to all of my friends. I thank her from the very bottom of my heart When I asked her last year if she still enjoyed the fly in she simply told me she would do it as long as I wanted too but was scared that someone would get hurt or worse. It is at this point the severity of what could happen with 40 Plus airplanes came home to roost. The loss of TC and
    Pete Browns accident
    had a profound effect on my mind and outlook. So it became evident it was time for our WAD to move to bigger quarters.

I want to thank you all for coming and making this a commraderie…..a Tribe. Steve Johnson with this website got us all together but that did not make us the family that we are.

I will miss not putting on the WAD but all of you must know that the Grass is always open for you and we do not need a fly in to have any of you in our home. You are always welcome. You are all our family.
    Ill leave the light on.....
    Thanks!!
    John aka. Flying Miss Daisy.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a well preserved body but rather to slide in sideways, well used up proclaiming "WOW What a Ride"
    Thanks Farmboy, FdxLou, WindOnHisNose, Bearhawk Builder thanked for this post
    Likes algonquin, AkPA/18, Bill Rusk, 40m, SteveE and 4 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great video Peter! Made me wish I was there all over again!

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------
    Likes Farmboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    Great video Peter. I flew more in the last 20 minutes than I’ve flown all year. Loved the blue tracking lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had you only come up.... there could have been four Steve Eaton’s at the farm fields!

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on 123.45

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You for the video Peter it was awesome.
    Likes Farmboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish you were there Bill You started it all it would have been nice to see you at the ending.
    John
    Likes SJ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was with you guys in spirit John.Thank You !

I appreciate your thought.