• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Awsome Skills, Even for a bus driver!

"Even for a bus driver", so what does that mean? Are "Bus drivers" normally short on skills?

Last edited:
If he did not have the APU running he was landing on single hydraulic system powered by the RAT. Controls can get pretty "jiggy" under those circumstances. Think of it like trying to fly your Cub with 1/2" slop in the cables. It was a nice job, well executed. for the pile he was handed.

It is not a derogatory term. I was a "Bus Driver" at AA. I was also a "Hog Driver!"

I stand corrected, educated, and withdraw my comment. The only Bus drivers I knew were from Braniff, and the majority hated the airplane. That's neither here nor there, but call a Boeing driver a "bus driver" and it was taken to associate you with the ground hugging variety, all of whom are good people.

You are not a "true bus driver" unless it has a side stick. Otherwise you're just flying a EuroBoeing!

Back