• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pa-12 operating limitations manual

Doesn’t matter if it has useful information, the CAA Approved Flight Manual is a required piece of equipment per the TCDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the pertinent reference from the TC:

Interior Equipment
401. One of the following CAA (FAA) Approved Airplane Flight Manuals revised to include any statement required under
"Propellers and Propeller Accessories" and/or Item 103, if applicable.
(a) Airplane Flight Manual dated March 24, 1947, or Piper Report No. 551 dated
March 24, 1947 - includes Propeller Item 1 and O-235-C engine.
(b) Piper Report No. 570 dated April 15, 1947, includes Propeller Item 3 and O-235-C engine.
(c) Piper Report No. 565 dated June 13, 1947, includes Propeller Item 1 and Item 103.
(d) Piper Report No. 571 dated June 13, 1947, includes Propeller Item 3 and Item 103.
(e) Edo Report No. 2342 dated April 10, 1947, revised January 11, 1949, includes
Propeller Item 1, O-235-C engine and Item 204.
*(f) Supplement to Flight manual dated April 20, 1955 (Required with Item 403 Ross Control System).

MTV

I’ve got the approved flight manual but I see there is an operating limitations manual available through univair and aircraft spruce, so I did t know if anyone has one and what kind of info is in it

I bought mine from stoddards a number of years ago. Good for a mostly stock 12. Most 12’s are heavily modified any more so mileage may vary depending on the aircraft. Guess I’ll have to pull it out of the seat back and read it again.

I’ve got the approved flight manual but I see there is an operating limitations manual available through univair and aircraft spruce, so I did t know if anyone has one and what kind of info is in it

I've got one and it looks like a Univair reprint of the original Piper book. It's 15 pages and covers:

Description
Specification
Operating Procedures
Operating Limitations
Service Hints

as JRB rightly says, I'd say the bulk of this stuff really applies to a pretty stock 12, which mine is :)

Back