• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

iPhone mount

Farm_boy,

The mount shown is the larger one. No, I don't think it’s adequate for a tablet. In fact I’ve changed direction in both planes and have removed the Nato mounts. They’re awesome in cars and with standard size phones but my max size iPhone jiggled in the planes. Engine and prop vibrations transfer through the arm and the heavier phone bounces a bit.

@stewartb For reference I continue to use the Nano mount with a standard size Motorola MotoZ with the large magnetic pad. It stays put even when operating in really rough terrain. I hear what your saying about the bigger phones. I like being able to use same mount in the plane and vehicle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too am a NATO mount fan after SB posted about them. Have 2 in my plane and 1 in my SUV, and four new ones ready to use somewhere. Thought about my snowmachine, but not sure it will take the big bumps. Might try it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alright, I will check NATO mount after we finished installing the new set of tires from 4Wheelonline on the truck. My uncle is asking for a good mount as well.

as a note to all...if you're only navigation device is your phone - only fly in weather that you can safely navigate using pilotage.

Back