• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Trophy Ridge

SuperDuper

OK18
Over the course of the past year or so I have been clearing a ridge on the place I deer hunt in North Central Oklahoma. Ended up with 1000 Feet of runway. Not too flat, not too smooth, not very forgiving - but functional. Been working on a hangar with living quarters the past couple of months.

It's not uncommon to have runway obstacles like coyotes, hogs, armadillos, rattle snakes, bobcats, and of course, deer - but yesterday morning we almost fell over when this big boy showed up bright and early at the job site:

IMG_3877.jpg

He most likely made his way over from the Tall Grass Prairie Preserve - A few miles West of my place. As soon as he saw us he made a bee line down the runway.

Just in case you every thought about out running a Buffalo - he covered the 1000 foot runway lickity-split.:howdy

IMG_3880.jpg

I imagine dealing with animals weighing more than what you are flying is old hat for you fellas using your planes in Alaska to get out in the boondocks, but pretty exciting stuff for those who aspire to be bush pilots.

Hope to have a picture or two of some of the nicer bucks to share with the group this fall. Can hardly wait!

Attachments

• IMG_3877.jpg
    IMG_3877.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3880.jpg
    IMG_3880.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Back