• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Vintage ZEBCO 33 Buyer's Guide

flagold

Abbeville, Alabama

Classic reel, often under $5. What to look for and how to ID a pre-1970's brass geared "lifetime" reel.

Last edited:
Wow! I've got one of those sitting in a box from when I was a kid. I never thought much about fixing it up.

I learn things all the time on this site. Thanks!

Vic

Wow! I've got one of those sitting in a box from when I was a kid. I never thought much about fixing it up.

I learn things all the time on this site. Thanks!

Vic

Excellent, Vic. There's a "How To Restore Repair Granddad's ZEBCO 33" that will take you through it and schematics online if you need it - very straightforward to do. If you have a black one it's very early - chrome (1956 & rare since ZEBCO almost went under replacing the covers that corroded) - brass gears (pre-68) - additional bar beneath the main bearing shaft = feather-touch (I'm restoring one now and will use after using Granddad's '56 for 40 years).

Just to keep it all SuperCub related, 4083Z (an "A") that I racked up a ton of hours in (last I knew it was in Oregon right by some gold mining claims I had - never knew it till later):

Excellent, Vic. There's a "How To Restore Repair Granddad's ZEBCO 33" that will take you through it and schematics online if you need it - very straightforward to do. If you have a black one it's very early - chrome (1956 & rare since ZEBCO almost went under replacing the covers that corroded) - brass gears (pre-68) - additional bar beneath the main bearing shaft = feather-touch (I'm restoring one now and will use after using Granddad's '56 for 40 years).

Just to keep it all SuperCub related, 4083Z (an "A") that I racked up a ton of hours in (last I knew it was in Oregon right by some gold mining claims I had - never knew it till later):

Thanks for posting these videos. I could watch these all day long. Great stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back