• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

One month Hangar rental near Las Vegas

Hendoii

FRIEND
All,
I need a hangar rental somewhere within the vicinity of Las Vegas for my Super Cub on bushwheels. I would probably drop it off around 26 July and pick it up 1 September. Any recommendations are appreciated!

How about I bring it up here and spread some holy blood on the inside to make sure it is a real 'bush' plane!

How about I bring it up here and spread some holy blood on the inside to make sure it is a real 'bush' plane!

That is where it will enventually end up Tango, but it's going to get there with me and a fishing rod in tow ;-). Unfortunately I can't make the trip now and it's sitting in California. I've been advised by the tax experts not to leave anything of value in California (I'm an Alaskan resident) or the tax man will come calling!

Californian tax authorities are a law unto themselves. I had a young lady in the Ventura County tax office tell me to my face that one of my planes was spotted inside the county the previous week - only problem was it was in a shipping container somewhere in the Pacific at the time. Arizona has a lot of sensible people if you cannot find a place in Nevada. Avoid California if at all possible with the exception of visits to the very fine people at Santa Paula.

Yes, fine people in Santa Paula,
However if I ever wonder when I visited there last, I just google my N number and dated photos of my plane pop up all over the internet. Same guy on photo credits. You’d figure people would have better things to do...

That is where it will enventually end up Tango, but it's going to get there with me and a fishing rod in tow ;-). Unfortunately I can't make the trip now and it's sitting in California. I've been advised by the tax experts not to leave anything of value in California (I'm an Alaskan resident) or the tax man will come calling!

Ok, I can bring a rod and just leave a picture of yourself tied to the tailwheel:lol::lol:

Anything you can do to save from taxes, I am all for it!! I used to move my equipment from Juneau to Haines every winter, partly to keep from paying the Juneau taxes.

Does not matter how much collected, they can spend way more!

Mesquite, I think there is a few spots indoors there, about an hour 30 drive to down town vegas.

All,
I need a hangar rental somewhere within the vicinity of Las Vegas for my Super Cub on bushwheels. I would probably drop it off around 26 July and pick it up 1 September. Any recommendations are appreciated!

it is going to be 110F in Las Vegas in July! Why in the world would anybody want to be there in a Super Cub?

Back