Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anti Splat Aero Question

Post Thanks / Like

Anti Splat Aero Question

Looking for pireps. Anyone using the Anti Splat crankcase vacuum kit? If so, are you using it with or without the oil separator? Hoping for actual experience feedback. The vacuum kit is a very interesting idea. Similar to the Carbon Cub breather. I’m curious about coking potential and whether the oil condenser reduces it.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I run it on mine Stewart. So does Tom Hudzinsky. Neither one of us run the PCV valve. It works great and keeps the belly clean, just have to make sure and clean out the carbon build up. I usually clean mine at every oil change. Ours run straight out of the crankcase vent to the exhaust, so I can’t comment on the oil water separator. Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Are you using the safety line with the pop-off valve? I have a kit in hand. Was surprised that the install instructions are all about connecting to a separator.

Post Thanks / Like
    We both ran that for a while, but it seems to leak and makes a mess on the belly. We eliminated it.
    Thanks stewartb thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said I have the vacuum kit and now I went ahead and ordered the separator. I figure to start with the complete system and work backwards from there, although I’ll probably collect the condensed oil instead of returning it to the engine. That’ll let me monitor oil loss in the breather with and without the vacuum. I may end up where you guys are but I want to see if the vacuum in the crankcase works as advertised.