• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New from Cub Crafters

If one is able to rotate to a higher AOA and brake harder because of the nosewheel might it not have better stol performance? At least off smooth surfaces.

I was wondering when someone was going to do that,,,I’ll bet it will beat the taildragger version every time,,,U206 light is amazing on takeoff.
dave

Tri-Pacer with stones. Put a tiny wheel on the tail stinger for style and cushion. Trailing link front suspension good.

Gary

It may not be your favorite design (nice to have so many choices these days!), but don't forget that every dollar they make in revenue helps fund their R&D and keeps prices from climbing when things like diminishing manufacturing suppliers have to be mitigated and funded on existing models.

If a nose gear model expands their customer base, I can't see how that's a bad thing - even to the purist.

Be interesting when someone decides to go water-skiing. Any further comments from me will just show what an ignorant old curmudgeon I am, but my stomach is twisting and turning involuntarily. It is a striking reminder of the Doyne conversion of the Cessna 170 from the early 50's - immediately branded by my parents as a Kiddie Kar. Sometimes it's just easier to wallow in ignorance, but if they could set it up like an Ercoupe with no rudder pedals for "lesser-abled" people, it might allow some to fly that couldn't otherwise, or have been injured. My personal sentiments are still about the same as in this photo taken with my mom, pre-ride in an Ercoupe. Then again I never liked bell bottom pants either.

Alice & Wayne Mansfield.jpg

Attachments

• Alice & Wayne Mansfield.jpg
    Alice & Wayne Mansfield.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 301
they could make it a convertible like the glasair line, then when the owner wants to man up the training wheel could be removed from the front and a proper tail wheel assy installed.

It may not be your favorite design (nice to have so many choices these days!), but don't forget that every dollar they make in revenue helps fund their R&D and keeps prices from climbing when things like diminishing manufacturing suppliers have to be mitigated and funded on existing models.

If a nose gear model expands their customer base, I can't see how that's a bad thing - even to the purist.

Your joking right? Keeping prices down? Like if I can afford a $500k toy, do you think it’s going to really matter if I have to pay a few grand more on a new X-CC because nobody is buying a nosewheel version? No because I’m rich and I’ll buy it anyways.

For the regular Joe, well we can’t afford one no matter if it has a nose wheel or not.

These are Rich peoples toys.

As I sit here on a Sunday night watching airplanes land in my back yard it occurs to me that there is no nose dragger that compares with the in-flight sexiness of a Cub or Skywagon. All other attributes aside, a tail dragger looks better in the air. Just my thoughts on a sunny Sunday evening.

J3_Testerman_Tricycle_Gearhalf.jpg
As long as we are resurecting the dead why not a twin again?
3a4293784312b898f2f7bc1a3199c13c (1).jpg
Or mabe combine them?
wagner_twinpacer.jpg
Sorry, couldn't resist . Dont forget this one!
images (3).jpg

Attachments

• J3_Testerman_Tricycle_Gearhalf.jpg
    J3_Testerman_Tricycle_Gearhalf.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 390
  • 3a4293784312b898f2f7bc1a3199c13c (1).jpg
    3a4293784312b898f2f7bc1a3199c13c (1).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 320
  • wagner_twinpacer.jpg
    wagner_twinpacer.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 249
  • images (3).jpg
    images (3).jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,876
and side by side seating is next. i seen this story about 40-50 years ago. cub special ed beat me to it.

Last edited:
Why not skip the shock(s)(front) and do big tire(s) and incorporate the shock function into a(the) rims. (Big/huge)Tires are a huge energy resivor

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

There's no replacement for displacement. That's never been a secret. Having all that motor would be better used if there was more space or better access to loading the X Cub. If they aren't careful they'll evolve it into what a BCSC already is! ;) Except that goofy nose wheel idea. That's just sad.

Back