Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The Sensenich ground adjustable prop info

Post Thanks / Like

The Sensenich ground adjustable prop info

Hi Everyone,

Looking for anyone that has flown or tested out the new stol Sensenich ground adjustable prop for the 0320 in a super cub? Would love to know how it stacks up to the Whirl Wind ground adjustable. Thanks in advance for any info!

Post Thanks / Like
    You experimental guys get all the good stuff!
    Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim Allen has a whirlwind I believe and really likes it. I had a sensenich on my C-90 and loved it as well.

Personally I think with today's composite designs, and the ability to dial in the exact pitch that fits your airplane and your mission, it's pretty hard to miss with any modern/current composite ground adjustable. My C-90 cub was a complete different airplane with it.

pb

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Tim Allen has a whirlwind I believe and really likes it. I had a sensenich on my C-90 and loved it as well.

Personally I think with today's composite designs, and the ability to dial in the exact pitch that fits your airplane and your mission, it's pretty hard to miss with any modern/current composite ground adjustable. My C-90 cub was a complete different airplane with it.

pb

Thank you! Its funny you can find some stuff on the whirlwind ground adjustable prop but not the sensenich? Just sounds like the Sensenich prop is a lot easier to adjust the prop angle well and more $$.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just started using the Whirlwind this spring on wheels in cool weather and made one adjustment to get it where I wanted it before I put the floats on. Worked very well until recently as we have had some really warm weather and I find it a little flat now. Going to put a degree of pitch into and go from there; but so far I like it because I can make it work for whatever the mission is. Takes as long to put the spinner on and off as it does to adjust the prop, but no big deal anyway. I think it was a good move for me. This winter on skis in cold weather I might have to back it off a bit; but it will be nice to have that option. If it is tough enough and holds up over time, I think it will be a great prop. Will give you more as I use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercrow View Post
    Just started using the Whirlwind this spring on wheels in cool weather and made one adjustment to get it where I wanted it before I put the floats on. Worked very well until recently as we have had some really warm weather and I find it a little flat now. Going to put a degree of pitch into and go from there; but so far I like it because I can make it work for whatever the mission is. Takes as long to put the spinner on and off as it does to adjust the prop, but no big deal anyway. I think it was a good move for me. This winter on skis in cold weather I might have to back it off a bit; but it will be nice to have that option. If it is tough enough and holds up over time, I think it will be a great prop. Will give you more as I use it.

Thank you you for the info! I live in Texas and it’s so hot in the summer! I’ve got a cruise prop on mine and with the heat it doesn’t like to climb out of its shadow. Looking for the best climb prop + the adjustability would be awesome!