• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Best Guess Value of a Clean PA-18-95

Squelch

Hello,
I am new here and am really impressed by the valuable information I have found on this site. Thank you in advance for any wisdom you can send my way.
I currently own an RV7 and have owned a Citabria 7ECA, but am new to cubs. I am looking at a 1958 PA-18-95 to teach my son to fly. I am seeking information on this airplane and was hoping for a best guess on it's market value.
Here are the specs:
- 1958 PA-18-95
- Excellent condition overall.
- Less than 300 hours on the C-90 engine and < 3750 total hours. It is flown regularly.
- Full electrical system with light weight starter and alternator.
- Garmin SL40 and a Status ADS-B out transponder.
- 2 x 18 gal fuel tanks.
- Metal prop.
- Empty GW is about 950 lbs.

I appreciate any thoughts on the value and any advice on what to look for or things to be cautious about.
Thank you,
Chuck

I think the max GW is 1500 on that cub (I could be wrong). So depending on weight of you and your son you may come up short on fuel. Not a big issue if you are both lighter. Sounds like a nice trainer, BUT, you really need to find a good IA that works on cubs for a good eval. Where are you located?
DENNY

I think the max GW is 1500 on that cub (I could be wrong). So depending on weight of you and your son you may come up short on fuel. Not a big issue if you are both lighter. Sounds like a nice trainer, BUT, you really need to find a good IA that works on cubs for a good eval. Where are you located?
DENNY
Two 200 pound guys still leaves room for a little more than 4 hours of fuel. Also ditto on finding a trained pair of eyes to take a look for you.

DENNY

I’ve got an owners manual for the 95 and 135 at home. I’ll look at it tonight. I believe the weight limit is high than that.

Edit: You were right, some reason I was thinking it was more.

Jeremy Lee

Last edited:
Cubber, that is correct. This is located in Memphis. I am also a FedEx pilot in Memphis, just trying to get smarter on these airplanes. If you have any info on it, I’d love to hear about it. It seems like a great airplane. I just don’t know what I don’t know at this point. I’m also curious about its value. Cubs seem to carry a bit of a premium compared to Champs/Citabria. I’m sure everyone on this forum appreciates that. But how much of a premium.

thanks for the info so far.

Don’t wait too long. Stock 95s are becoming rare! If you decide you don’t want it, tell me where it is. Is Sheffie still at FedEx?

I just got back from looking at Mac's 95 in Memphis. it is still available. I passed on it. Chip D

I also reviewed the one in New Mexico. he was at 58K and now he is at 56K. It is a full yellow 95 versus Mac's which is White and Red.

Steve,
I have been caring that Pre Purchase paper you wrote me with every time I go looking. It is a great check list when your eyes start getting to big looking at the shinny plane. Ha s I known your dad is there I would have looked him up. My miss. Chip

Back