• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Anything new and small in ADS-B IN?

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
So I have a Stratux setup in the C180, and I know about the uAvionics Sentry & Scout, the Stratus, and have seen that Dynon has an offering now too. Looking for small, rechargeable, ADS-B IN device (don't need out) that fits my budget.

Anything new?

sj

I think it depends on what your budget is, but it doesn't get any cheaper than your Stratux. Maybe something new will come about at OSH

Broke down and bought a "Scout" for $199 and free shipping. The first one was DOA the second one works great so far.

sj

Stratus 3. It has full ADS-B in, lots of features, it is cheap and it integrates seamlessly and wirelessly with Foreflight. My decision point was that it is battery powered, but when run from the cigarette lighter adapter, it turns itself off when the plane is turned off. A portable unit like the Sentry is no good to you if it has a dead battery when you get in the plane.

Stratus 3. It has full ADS-B in, lots of features, it is cheap and it integrates seamlessly and wirelessly with Foreflight. My decision point was that it is battery powered, but when run from the cigarette lighter adapter, it turns itself off when the plane is turned off. A portable unit like the Sentry is no good to you if it has a dead battery when you get in the plane.

$700 though....right?

Back