• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Radio and transponder question

Many thanks Steve, should have mentioned that.

The TN72 GPS receiver is a fully certified product (FAA TSO-C199) designed for voluntary equipage and use in areas outside of designated or mandated ADS-B airspace. Glider, light sport and general aviation pilots can all enhance their safety by connecting a TN72 position source to their existing Trig transponder.

Just wiring in the Trig TY91 VHF Transceiver and Trig TT21 Mode S Transponder. Really could not say no to adding a Trig TN72 GPS unit which provides accurate position info for the ADS-B equipped Trig TT21 Mode S transponder. As an aside, the guys here still reckon on a separate intercom in a Cub so will be fitting that as it is a bit late if the Trig TY91 comes up short.

Perhaps getting old but I find poor intercoms very distracting when you are trying to do that pilot stuff.

Stew
What are the requirements for ADS-B systems on that side of the pond? Are you following the US FAA requirements? If so, be aware of the power requirements for Class1 and Class 2 systems and that each item needs to meet certain TSO specifications. I'm just not sure what part of these apply to you.

Web

ADS-B Out

The Trig TT21 is TSO approved for fitting to European and FAA registered aircraft as a Class 2 transponder. They are suitable for aircraft cruising slower than 175 knots, and operating below 15,000 feet, VFR or IFR, and used in areas outside of designated or mandated ADS-B airspace.

Class 2 is just a case of volunteering to make yourself electronically visible. I use SkyDemon on an iPad and can see ADS-B equipped aircraft and feel it is right and proper to join the party and broadcast my whereabouts to other suitably equipped aircraft.

Back