• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Tom Powell maybe relocating to the Sooner state!

SteveE

SPONSOR
Jenks, OK
Tom is here in Jenks restoring a creek bank that was washed out in the recent flood. It also washed away the city forcemain sewer line.
But to all amazed he summons his wife Amy

IMG_1365.jpg

“You’ve got to come down here, this place is awesome! Steve and Linda are awesome! I’m looking for real estate.”

IMG_1363.jpg

Tom praying he can find a place to live down here. Here at the local Mexican restaurant, Los Cabos.

“Amy, hurry down, it’s awesome!”

IMG_1379.jpg

Amy and Tom on the back porch during the July 4th party.

IMG_1383.jpg

View from the hill

IMG_1374.jpg

Amy contemplating pool construction in Oklahoma.

IMG_1338.jpg

Tom trying to hurry up and finish so he can look for property.

IMG_1356.jpg

The job sight from above. Right on my runway. Seems someone flew a supercub down the river right over Toms head. Not sure why he soiled himself.

IMG_1345.jpg

More work. In fact he will be here longer than expected. The city of Jenks found another leak Tom has to fix. (In reality I found it from the air).

More updates later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1363.jpg
    IMG_1363.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1379.jpg
    IMG_1379.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_1374.jpg
    IMG_1374.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1345.jpg
    IMG_1345.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
He has a few skills Not everyone can Pull off cargo shorts and Red Wings :smile: And then remove the boots put on flip flops and is now in evening mode:p

Your exactly right Matt. He also loves the heat and humidity down here, says he’s tired of that cold S Dakota. [emoji41]

Tom hard at work.

IMG_1387.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1387.jpg
    IMG_1387.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 236
Not sure if he has to go to the bathroom or not.
IMG_1388.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1388.jpg
    IMG_1388.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 294
OMG, Eaton has kidnapped Powell, trying to build up gene pool in Jenks.

Not after looking at this Deano.

IMG_1392.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 246
Keep him down there. Then we won't have to worry about him catching all our fish or shooting all our dogs

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I used to ask Tom if they ever found the Rustler who stole his calves :lol:
Flamingos have more meat on their legs

As soon as I get out of this excavator I’m going to set the record straight. More to follow.....

IMG_1393.jpg

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji15]

Attachments

• IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 407
No, these guys were on official serious business.

Tom Cruise doesn't get his picture taken that much. Those southerners have taken a real liking to TP. I hope they don't have him out on a canoe trip.

Only canoe he will be on is one looking for a sewer line leak. [emoji40] LOL He’s not real fond of this hot weather either. Tom is working real hard running back and forth to the store for cold beer.

I should have named this thread "The Adventures of Tom in Oklahoma", he doesn't need Huck, Tom is doing it all on his own. As you know, Tom is here restoring a riverbank that was washed out in a flood. The sewer line was also washed out, well the City wanted Tom to clear another 1400 feet of right of way so they could see if any more line had washed out, yes they found 2 more places, for now. As Tom was gingerly walking around a steep bank, his never fail Redwings gave way to the steepness of the bank and Tom, flailing both arms and legs, flew down the bank like it was a newly slicked up Beaver slide. KerSPLASH ! into the river of Sewer, black muck and all. And in a flash, Tom rose out of the water with a cigar in his mouth, or was it.... Surely not a cuban cigar, but could have been. :poop So off to the shower to wash off the Hep C,,,, Only after the Clorox scrubbing, he goes out and ties up the laces of his Hep C laden Redwings, then grabs a dip of Copenhagen...... The adventure continues...

Tom and water seem to be on a collision course this year,,,,seems I heard a story of Tom and another SD pilot draining 20 some gallons of water out of a Supercub after it quit on the taxi way somewhere in the Midwest. Seems they were on a quest to rid the country of White Sky Carp and doing a fine job of it when they learned a that contrary to local folk wisdom a gas engine actually does need more than 50% gas to attain flight.
dave

Tom putting a towel over the security camera while I’m gone. He’s probably playing with something.

IMG_1436.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 232
After several meetings with a few influential pilots around here, we have graciously bestowed upon Thomas “Hep C” Powell the gift of Honorary Okie for his service to the Great State of Oklahoma and the City of Jenks. “For graciously and selflessly helping the City workers get doused in raw sewage and then buying their lunch. We bestow upon you the exceptional honor of Honorary Okie.” God bless Oklahoma.

IMG_1450.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 259
Just watched "The Grapes of Wrath" last night. There was a term they used for Okies that was fitting !! Not so sure I'd want to be an honorary Okie !!

Back