• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

SkySensor ADS-B In green nav/strobe light

Eddie747

Is this a simple install, just the green light for the right wingtip? Is there any testing or calibration needed as with the Skybeacon ADS-B Out, or is it mount it wire power to it and done? I am only interested in the green Skysensor and ADS-B In at this time.

Is this a simple install, just the green light for the right wingtip? Is there any testing or calibration needed as with the Skybeacon ADS-B Out, or is it mount it wire power to it and done? I am only interested in the green Skysensor and ADS-B In at this time.

Not certified for installation on a Standard Category aircraft, you would need an additional approval to be legal. Ok for home builds though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS-B in does not need to be certified. It only exists to put a picture on a screen. ADS-B out is the part of the system that is heavily regulated as it's primary purpose is to push out a strong signal containing such information as precision GPS location.

ADS-B in is not even required.

Web

Yes, Web, but it also replaces the strobe and position light, and the uAvionix unit isn't TSO'd.

MTV

But does the nav light meet the requirements of CAR3?

Web

3.700 position lights must be certified in accordance with Part 15 (Part 15 is the predecessor to our current TSO), so to answer your question, no it doesn’t comply with CAR3 unless you get some other FAA approved data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....Or shall comply...

Web

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 572
Part 15 deals with specs such as light intensity, mounting position, and viewing angles. Not certification.

I didn't write the reg, 'they' did. It reads that the part must be certificated OR comply with the specs required by Part 15.

Web

Back