• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Leaving The Super Cub Community

GeeBee

Lake Lanier, GA
Sadly, I sold my PA18-160 last week. Broke my heart but had to do it. Two members of my family have come upon health challenges that require me to move fast up and down the Eastern seaboard and sometimes out to the Left Coast. I cannot afford the fixed costs of two airplanes so I am moving on to a Mooney Ovation with all the bells and whistles including FIKI. I have really enjoyed my time here the last 7 years and I will "lurk" from time to time until my membership expires. You are a great bunch of people and a great pilot community. I have recommended this site to the buyer of my airplane, which will make its home now near Santa Fe. Should be a good playground for her, and I will miss her badly the rest of my years.

That is sad to hear and don’t feel you have to do simply because you don’t own the cub. But if you’re ever close to the northeast I’d love a trip in the Ovation!!!! S-s-s-moking!!

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

... sorry to hear that, sometimes life changes and things have to be done. good luck and happy landings ...

You never know. Sometimes positive changes in life pop up as unexpectedly as the negative. You could find yourself if another cub again. Kids, a cross country move to a new job, and family losses. I havnt given up. I'll have another cub. Disclaimer: my optimism is completely faith based. Cub values are appreciating far more rapidly than my recources.

I don’t have a Cub any more, but this is still my favorite site! Stay on board! Just the calendar is worth it!

Hey, GeeBee, I am sorry to hear that you sold your cub, but wait a minute...You can still be a member here! What are you going to do to keep up with medical matters? Who better to ask what kind of chain saw to buy than this bunch of folks? We need you here, Mooney or Cub...we like 'em all!

Seriously, take care, hope you renew.

Randy

Agree. We often delve into non-Supercub stuff. Your input is valued.

The PA-18-160 is the best of the high powered Cubs. Your Santa Fe friend is a lucky dude.

About time someone around here can answer Mooney questions!!

GeeBee, please, ownership of a cub is not a requirement, lest I had been kicked out on my tail a few years back. Your information and knowledge in many areas has been valuable, and I for one look froward to your ideas and thoughts.

While you might feel a bit awkward around all of us, moving to a Mooney just means you can sleep in an hour later, fly in economy cruise speed, and still grab the big table for the cubs at the lunch spot!!!

Any chance you have pictures of the Mooney? Some day maybe you could take me up in it, never flown in one.

Greg, you are always welcome here! Hope things go better with the family!

sj

NO CUB, NO PROBLEM!! I went to a Husky for a few years:yikez:..... never left this awesome group. I always appreciate your input. Hope you stick around!!

I've never owned a 18, only flew a J5A for a while way back when and joined here and the J3 forum. Mostly lurk but this is the finest site along with my biplane forum. If the answer isn't here it might NOT be anywhere?

Jack

NO CUB, NO PROBLEM!! I went to a Husky for a few years:yikez:..... never left this awesome group. I always appreciate your input. Hope you stick around!!

Best airplane you ever owned Bob..:lol: You shouldn't have sold it.

I have never owned a Piper product.
A few thousand hours in a Mooney.

Most will agree that the M20J (201) and the M20R (Ovation) are the two best planes built in Kerrville.

If I was in the market for a go fast plane with FIKI a weeping wing ovation would be on my list.

Personally, I think it is bad for you to be on here talking about Mooneys because now I want a Mooney too... Damn it...

Personally, I think it is bad for you to be on here talking about Mooneys because now I want a Mooney too... Damn it...

Look what I found in the hanger I recently started to rent to put my new (used) Husky in when I buy it! I think it is a Mooney....

58381170195--FB6E3AD5-41E9-48B2-94EA-E2468F5A78AF.JPG

Attachments

• 58381170195--FB6E3AD5-41E9-48B2-94EA-E2468F5A78AF.JPG
    58381170195--FB6E3AD5-41E9-48B2-94EA-E2468F5A78AF.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 261
+1 on the mooney. I may be the best only full time IA that doesn't dislike them. There are a few items that come up when working on them that make me think "why did they....." or "how the hell do they expect you to........", but the m20J is gotta be one of the best planes ever built. Anything that will haul as much or more and go faster is gonna come at a much greater cost.
This site goes way beyond cubs in the general wealth of knowledge that its users hold. This site was my first stop for some champ and citabria questions. If i get any more interested in pitts, I'll likely ask here first. Seems to be several of those guys here to.

Looks like Mooney has gone into hibernation yet again. Every 10 years or so Mooney shuts down operations for a while, only to find a new owner who attempts to restart the Brand.
Mooney just survives when the economy peaks. The brand crashes early, then limps along on part sales followed by a rebirth when the economy next spikes.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Last edited:
Hey GeeBee! Sorry to hear about your family's difficulties. Hope everything works out for the best in the end. Hang in there buddy!

As others have said, even though you don't have a Super Cub right now, you are still part of the community. So don't be a stranger around here! Hopefully things will work out so that you'll be able to grab another Super Cub someday down the line. We're pulling for you and yours!!

Fly that Mooney safely!!

Back