Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sold My J-3 and I'm looking for a Super Cub

Post Thanks / Like

Sold My J-3 and I'm looking for a Super Cub

Hey everyone, Im have been trying to pull the trigger on this for quite some time. I recently sold my J-3 that I restored 16 years ago. I finally decided that if I am ever going to get a Super Cub, better do it before getting any older. So, here's what I am looking for. I would really like to find a L-18-C Cub in military colors. I know most of them went overseas, but I thought it was worth asking. My second choice is a PA-18-95. I would consider a new, or recent restoration, or a flying basket case.. If you have a project, well I would take a look at that also. I have restored 4 Cubs, and built a Zenith 750 so a project is not out of the question.

My last choice would be to build an experimental L-18-C. The problem there is cost. I believe I can restore a 50's vintage airplane for much less than building experimental. Don't get me wrong, I love the freedom EAB has given me with the Zenith so if you have an experimental fuselage that you will not be using, please let me know. I just think an old Cub with some "history" is so appealing.

I do have cash ready. I'm really hoping someone will respond with a fairly recent restoration on a -95. Let me know what you have. Matt Miller

Post Thanks / Like

This is a customer/friend of mines... PA-18-135 with L-21 style glass and 0-320 conversion... he is selling due to medical issues with his eyes... asking 65K

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Steve's Aircraft (Brian); 07-08-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Danish L18C project. Fuselage has been in my jig, X brace and seat belts to the floor. Wings have rib damage from being moved all over the country. I don't have the engine but all the cowling is there in pretty good shape. If you truly want a project I could get pictures of everything.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I have a Danish L18C project. Fuselage has been in my jig, X brace and seat belts to the floor. Wings have rib damage from being moved all over the country. I don't have the engine but all the cowling is there in pretty good shape. If you truly want a project I could get pictures of everything.
    Yes, I would like more information and pictures. Thanks.

thorntonmmiller@bellsouth.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a very nice Cub. I will keep it in mind. I am really set on a light weight -95. Matt