• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Legend Cub HP 180 hp

Does anyone have any reviews or ideas on the Legend Cub HP 180 hp . Will Keller flaps fit, will a Leading Edge Slat fit in thus wing . Big wheels and views on airframe mods and descriptions . Any input appreciated.

It is a Cub wing so see no issue with the slats. The Keller flaps would be an issue because the actuating system is different than the way Piper did it. I would call Darin Hart at Legend and ask him. He could probably adapt. I think the Super Legend comes with about everything else you would want.

The factory demo 180 hp Legend Cub is here at the Livermore AOPA Fly In, and is equipped with carbon fiber leading edge slats. I'll ask them this morning if the Keller flaps will work.

That plane is a sweet one, and great performer.

MTV

Built as EAB has a 1750 GW if I remember correctly. I visited the factory and Darin is a super guy! He'll be able to answer any questions and is very accomodating on a build. They make a very nice plane!

Mike, Is the Legend that is there the Black and green (MOAC) trimmed one? 'Mother Of All Cubs'

I'm thinking Chad Russell has his America Cub there also, a sweet looking Legend!!

Last edited:
Talked to the owner of the company today, and asked about Keller flaps. He said they're in the process of building two of them, both with Keller flaps right now. In other words, Yes, they'll work.

MTV

Talked to the owner of the company today, and asked about Keller flaps. He said they're in the process of building two of them, both with Keller flaps right now. In other words, Yes, they'll work.

MTV

What's you opinion on the Legend? I'm sure there are plenty here that value your opinion. I 've compared it to the CC and maybe just being old school, but prefer it over the much touted CC. The Legend looks more like the original and I like classics.

Never flown one, so I really don’t have an opinion. Quality of construction looks good.

MTV

What's you opinion on the Legend? I'm sure there are plenty here that value your opinion. I 've compared it to the CC and maybe just being old school, but prefer it over the much touted CC. The Legend looks more like the original and I like classics.
What do you want? You want to look like a traditional Super Cub or do you want the most performance you can get and how much money do you want to spend? Carbon Cub SS, FX2 or FX3? I don't think Legend has built any two Super Legends the same. I have flown a couple of Super Legends and they flew great. I have flown the Carbon Cub SS, FX2 and FX3, also fly great. The FX2 and 3 have really nice ailerons, very nice control harmony with the symmetrical airfoil ailerons. Big difference when twisting a turning down the river and not having to add all that top rudder. All it takes is money and that is where the apples and oranges come in. Someone asked me recently what I would buy if I had $200K to spend on a Super Cub. I had to stop and think because I never considered it because I never see myself being in that position. Luckily I know a lot of people who are and I get to fly theirs on occasion. I think I would have to build my own and incorporate lots of little things I have been logging away in the back of my head forever.

What do you want? You want to look like a traditional Super Cub or do you want the most performance you can get and how much money do you want to spend? Carbon Cub SS, FX2 or FX3? I don't think Legend has built any two Super Legends the same. I have flown a couple of Super Legends and they flew great. I have flown the Carbon Cub SS, FX2 and FX3, also fly great. The FX2 and 3 have really nice ailerons, very nice control harmony with the symmetrical airfoil ailerons. Big difference when twisting a turning down the river and not having to add all that top rudder. All it takes is money and that is where the apples and oranges come in. Someone asked me recently what I would buy if I had $200K to spend on a Super Cub. I had to stop and think because I never considered it because I never see myself being in that position. Luckily I know a lot of people who are and I get to fly theirs on occasion. I think I would have to build my own and incorporate lots of little things I have been logging away in the back of my head forever.
That's what I did. If you are capable it's the only way to go unless you have a lot more money than most of us do.

I don't fly as many as Steve, but have time in a few modified Super Cubs, and maybe 30 hours in an O-200 legend.

I liked the Legend, but was surprised that its cruise speed was only 5 mph more than my J-3. Might have been the prop.

I like Super Cubs, but if I were to build my own it might be a PA-18-95 clone, two tanks, Grove brakes, X-brace, shoulder harnesses. Starter, no alternator. Red, with orange stripe. L-4 windows.

Obviously my mission is not off-airport ops. It is mostly local hops and pattern work, with a few taildragger students here and there. When I want horsepower, I open the Super Dec hangar.

I was seriously under-impressed with the handling of the heavy 180 hp CC Cub. It did go straight up if you had the courage to pull.

Back