• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Happy Father's Day

cubdriver2

FRIEND
upstate NY
Some of my kids and the grandkids were here. Gloomy day here, low and rainy. We were all cooped up in the house when I jokingly said let's go swimming. Next thing I know they are all standing in front of me in swim suits and towels. Air 67F, Water 64F. My voice hasn't been this high pitched in years.

NE kids gotta be Grandpa tough:lol:

Glenn

57° and misting over here, I did't even want to get in the hot tub.

Oldest granddaughter is still visiting, headed out for some kayaking and my friend Arnie was out with his 59 Vette. That he bought new in 1959, unrestored and all original

Glenn

This is what my wife sent me yesterday........
B0A67D02-6FAF-4D4B-B2A4-C76499D89098.png

Attachments

• B0A67D02-6FAF-4D4B-B2A4-C76499D89098.png
    B0A67D02-6FAF-4D4B-B2A4-C76499D89098.png
    360.2 KB · Views: 191
Lou, yes. He takes it out a couple time a month May thru September. Amazing thing is he's about 6'4 and all leg and in his late 70s. He jumps in and out like Capt Cub but in a 59 Vette. Back when I was putting on the DeRonda Labor day TW flyin with over 100 Cubs, Champs and Biplanes him and I would race down the 3400' runway. Me in the Stearman and him in the Vette. Most years I would beat him to midfield because he would have trouble getting moving in the grass. One year he shows up with an old pair of 6" wide snow tires and beats me big-time. He leaves those tires on and while parked in town one day he comes back to the Vette and a couple guys are drooling all over it. But one guys asks what's with the snow tires? And Arnie being a jokester says something like " I need them in the winter to get to work or I have to put the chains on" and then drives away.

Glenn

Our oldest granddaughter has been staying with us. Her dad is 187 Airborne and did 6+ tours in the sandbox starting in 04. Grandpa got the honors of teaching some gun safety and teaching her her first shots. 100' with the trusty old Western Auto 22 bolt and 30' with the Ruger security six.

Glenn

Back