• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

ADS-B paperwork?

Over on the Champ forum they are discussing 8:50 tires. Turns out that they are not on the type certificate, but the factory says they are on the parts list, so "good to go."

Dave has way more experience than I do with this stuff, and I rely on his opinions, but I would like to see the guidance that says I cannot buy a used set of STC sun visors and install them as a minor alteration.

You don't really do a 337 for an intercom do you?

Web
I don’t since I’m not licensed to do that, but there was a time (and it may be different now) When the NY Region FSDO insisted on a 337 for intercom installs and the NE Region did not. So all of us on Long Island went to Westerly, RI for that sort of work. Maybe they got together and realized the “F” in FAA stands for “Federal”.

During this time which was a while ago, I was at SnF eating breakfast at a picnic table. A man asked if he could join me. He was covered with FAA badges, so I asked him how two FSDO’s could have different rules. He said “I work in OK City. The people on the second floor have no idea what’s going on on the third floor.” All of a sudden, things were clear to me. :)

Last edited:
I don’t since I’m not licensed to do that, but there was a time (and it may be different now) When the NY Region FSDO insisted on a 337 for intercom installs and the NE Region did not. So all of us on Long Island went to Westerly, RI for that sort of work. Maybe they got together and realized the first “F” in FAA stands for “Federal”.

During this time which was a while ago, I was at SnF eating breakfast at a picnic table. A man asked if he could join me. He was covered with FAA badges, so I asked him how two FSDO’s could have different rules. He said “I work in OK City. The people on the second floor have no idea what’s going on on the third floor.” All of a sudden, things were clear to me. :)

I remember when Teterboro FSDO required a Field Approval for every avionics installation, didn't matter if it was a nav/com, or an intercom! Believe it or not, but it is much easier today than it was in the 1980s!

I recently hit all the situations described in Web and DGA’s post. Installed shoulder belts in my C170B using existing factory installed nut plates. Log book entry by A&P only, but I had to show my DAR buddy who is also my IA the guidance on the subject that says what Web said AND he had to explain that to his DAR supervisor at the FSDO.

Second, we have installed PMA’d seat rails in the 170B. No STC supplied and no 337 generated. Log book entry.

Third, we installed the Mc Farlane flap roller kit. Comes with an STC because it’s not the same as the Cessna part. 337 was done for this

My Avionics install was done with 337. I have among other things the Garmin 375 GPS/ADS B in/out transponder. The 337 lists the equipment removed in addition to the new stuff

Rich.

Back