• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Airports around Denver with grass runway/strip?

DavePA11

Can anyone in the Denver area recommend airport with grass strip (side of runway?) where I can try to find a hanger? Thanks!

Thanks Ted. I called the other day, but no answer. Will try again tomorrow. I have been zooming into the google maps of the airports and several have grass on side of runway to land which is good too.

Sometimes hard to get a hold of Kevin (de facto airport manager). There are hangars with space. I'll be out there Sunday. Greeley has grass beside runway as does Van Aire--but you do NOT want to use it. The manager/powers at Greeley will warn you once and report you to the Feds the 2nd time. Same thing at Van Aire.

Thanks for the heads up on landing on the side grass on those two! Is this common out here or just with these two airports?

As far as I know, just those two. Longmont has grass by the runway too, but it is a very active airport with year-round skydiving ops. I wouldn't try it there. Then there's Fort Collins, which now has a test FAA virtual tower, so I wouldn't try landing on the grass there either. Just saying...

As far as I know, just those two. Longmont has grass by the runway too, but it is a very active airport with year-round skydiving ops. I wouldn't try it there.

Longmont now video cameras installed covering <some> portion of the runway. The footage was recently used against a few big-tired pilots landing in the grass out there, even though in previous years many of us did just that...So, like Ted states, I would not land in the grass at Longmont.

Everitt airport, east of Parker has two grass runways. Send me a PM or call me and I'll give you a run down.
303-842-2560
Will Hash

Back