• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Getting a key made for a Husky

algonquin

Seldovia,Ak
Hi Guys, I'm building a Husky and don't have the key, does anyone know if the tag has a key code. It's a Continental switch model 10-357200-1 and there is another number would that be the key code also anyone know a lock smith that can do this in Anchorage area? Thanks

I rebuilt a 93 A-1, and was missing the key. Local FBO had a bunch of keys on a ring from past projects, we found a couple on the ring that worked. I don't think there are very many cuts used.

Can you get the switch out? I didn't have a key to the door of my -12 (different key than ignition) and I just took the whole assembly out and took it to Able on Northern Lights in the old Blockbuster. They made a new key to fit, super quick and knowledgeable guys from what I could tell (granted I don't know anything about locks). They can probably come and get an impression on site as well, but I'd just call them.

I called Valley Locksmith Services in Palmer and Roy came to the hangar two hours later . He hoped in and about twenty mins later he had a key made.he made three keys for me and the whole thing was $83.00, I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the replies guys.Tom

If it's like most airplane locks, you probably could have used a rusty screwdriver to unlock it... Kinda like my John Deere tractor - any key for any JD since about 1950 will fit right in and turn...

Nope not happening in this lock, tried a good thirty keys from the shop stock pile. The lock smith said this one had a lot of deep cuts. I have one that's near a master

Hope you tipped the lock smith - their skill is a gift and window time to job earns little.

Gary

My Husky had duplicate keys hidden in the rear extended baggage area (where battery is) hidden behind the access panel glued to the forward inside door sill. It would take an inspection mirror to find them.

Sorry not getting back on this, I will check this when I get back up north. I almost hope it isn't there,lol, I always feel stupid standing in a hangar screaming.
The good news is no earth quake damage in the house from the last couple in Homer and Kodiak.

Back