• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Landes Fuel Only Pod Removal

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
So, 4CC has a 31 gallon Landes fuel pod on it. I don't use it very often and was thinking about removing it - at least temporarily. Anybody else taken theirs off and on? Tips, pointers, etc?

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 821
Leave it on, NO speed loss so why take it off and on as needed. It is set up now and works. Don't mess with it. The 180 HP will carry it no problems. I hope?
I leave my cargo pod on all the time as it doesn't effect the airspeed.

My thoughts
Doug

Leave it on, NO speed loss so why take it off and on as needed. It is set up now and works. Don't mess with it. The 180 HP will carry it no problems. I hope?
I leave my cargo pod on all the time as it doesn't effect the airspeed.

My thoughts
Doug
I have been charged with competing in a couple stol demo events this year and I thought maybe I'd lose a little weight...

Sent from my Pixel using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Steve

I have had mine off and on several times. It is not that hard. The back strap is the hard one for me. I put the pod in position then slide it as far forward as possible to give a little extra room for the back strap, get it started, then slide the pod forward a couple of inches and into position, then get the other straps started.

IMG_32591.jpg

Our airplanes should be about the same height, 3" extended and 31's,
I use the stool as a lift. Put it under the pod then use the lever to raise it up under the pod.
Seems to work pretty good. If doing it at a show get a buddy to lay under the pod and lift it. It is not heavy (assuming no fuel). Don't forget cotter pins if doing it away from home.

Hope this helps

Bill

Thanks, Bill! What would you say it weighs? (since I KNOW that you know... :lol:)

sj

Steve

Pod and mount hardware weigh 27.6. pds Fuel pump, lines, wires, fuses and switch add another 2.5 for a total of about 30 pounds. Obviously you are not going to remove all that so, bottom line,..... you can take out 27 pounds. That is pretty significant. Remove the rear seat and you will be close to 50 pounds. Go for it!!

Hope this helps

Bill

Steve

Pod and mount hardware weigh 27.6. pds Fuel pump, lines, wires, fuses and switch add another 2.5 for a total of about 30 pounds. Obviously you are not going to remove all that so, bottom line,..... you can take out 27 pounds. That is pretty significant. Remove the rear seat and you will be close to 50 pounds. Go for it!!

Hope this helps

Bill

SJ, if you leave it on at least you'll have an excuse. ;-)

Glenn

SJ, if you leave it on at least you'll have an excuse. ;-)

Glenn
Someone told me that a good pilot always has at least 3 excuses. ;)

I can have my pod on or off in 15 minutes but it is crago only, no fuel. I put a piece ofcarpet on the floor and put my legs under the pod and balance it with my kness till the turnbarrels are undone and set on the carpet and then slid out.

You have paperwork with all the weights.

Someone told me that a good pilot always has at least 3 excuses. ;)

I can have my pod on or off in 15 minutes but it is crago only, no fuel. I put a piece ofcarpet on the floor and put my legs under the pod and balance it with my kness till the turnbarrels are undone and set on the carpet and then slid out.

You have paperwork with all the weights.
I must not be a very good pilot I only have two excuses..[emoji1]

Sent from my Pixel using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back