Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 2" SCAT Splitter

  1. #1
    Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    At Work.....
    Posts
    1,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    2" SCAT Splitter

    We are installing a new exhaust (Sutton) and the previous system (Atlee Dodge) included an additional exhaust shroud for rear seat heat that ported that air over to a firewall valve. We need to split the main cabin heat duct from the Sutton and bring it up to the previously installed rear seat heat firewall valve.

    Now I am pretty certain that Aircraft Spruce had these nifty "Y" splitters, But they changed their website and I cant find it. Does anyone here have a source for such a thing?

  2. #2
    Southern Aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    kcco/1ga2
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha, I know...… everything that was easy to find is now more difficult...….. it's under "heater"

    https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/2diaytube.php?clickkey=10872
    ......... It doesn't cost any more to go first class! You just can't stay as long.

  3. #3
    Steve Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Graham, TX
    Posts
    18,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is why I like the paper catalog, I know where stuff is in it and can plug the part number in the computer.
    Steve Pierce

    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Likes mike mcs repair, irishfield liked this post

  4. #4
    Southern Aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    kcco/1ga2
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, then plug it in the 'puter for "will call" at AC Spruce. Drive a few miles and Madi hands it to me over the counter. Sure is great having them just a few minutes away!
    ......... It doesn't cost any more to go first class! You just can't stay as long.

  5. #5
    Farmboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Glens Falls, NY
    Posts
    1,981
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Aero View Post
    Sure is great having them just a few minutes away!
    That’s living large right there.


    Transmitted from my FlightPhone

  6. #6
    Steve Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Graham, TX
    Posts
    18,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be handy. I keep a running order till I get $200 worth and get free shipping through my dealer account.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SuperCub.Org mobile app
    Steve Pierce

    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Likes tcraft128 liked this post

  7. #7
    charlie husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Crystal,Mn
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    F34A5B7A-177B-45E9-8253-478160174367.jpegBC46A62E-F612-426A-A2C0-D8AE0DC2999E.jpegAnother good option is adding a mid-year Cessna 172 carb heat stack robber for cabin heat. On my Husky A1-B, I put the robber on #4, y-tubed with aircraft spruce Ytube into the cabin heat box. No messing with carb heat, so no field approval needed by Mpls FSDO. Is a minor alteration with log book only entry by mechanic per Mpls FSDO. Pic #2 is Sutton h.s.robber. Wentworth aircraft, KMIC, Mn has used ones, I paid $20 @2years ago. I also added carbon fiber heated seats front and back $50, and a 0.2amp computer heat sink muffin fan in the cabin heat box outlet ($9). Toasty now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    We are installing a new exhaust (Sutton) and the previous system (Atlee Dodge) included an additional exhaust shroud for rear seat heat that ported that air over to a firewall valve. We need to split the main cabin heat duct from the Sutton and bring it up to the previously installed rear seat heat firewall valve.

    Now I am pretty certain that Aircraft Spruce had these nifty "Y" splitters, But they changed their website and I cant find it. Does anyone here have a source for such a thing?
    Last edited by charlie husky; 05-12-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    Thanks cruiser thanked for this post

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    370
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only down side if that installation for cabin heat is the possibility of dumping CO into the cabin. Most cabin heat muffs take outside air, duct it through the heat exchanger, then to the cabin. They don’t normally take air from in the cowling where an exhaust leak at a joint could dump CO in the cowl.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes DENNY, mike mcs repair, Chicken Hawk liked this post

  9. #9
    charlie husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Crystal,Mn
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    True that! What CO2 detector for, mine is an A1-B, no insulation, quite leaky. Not a sealed up spam can.
    .....And a muffler factory heat shroud could be feeding CO into the cabin in the stock setup from an unseen crack under the shroud.

    Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    The only down side if that installation for cabin heat is the possibility of dumping CO into the cabin. Most cabin heat muffs take outside air, duct it through the heat exchanger, then to the cabin. They don’t normally take air from in the cowling where an exhaust leak at a joint could dump CO in the cowl.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by charlie husky; 05-13-2019 at 04:25 PM.

  10. #10
    Southern Aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    kcco/1ga2
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was at AC Spruce earlier ............. Madi says Hi!

    IMG_1491.JPG
    ......... It doesn't cost any more to go first class! You just can't stay as long.
    Thanks RVBottomly thanked for this post

  11. #11
    RVBottomly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Asotin County Washington (KLWS)
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Aero View Post
    Was at AC Spruce earlier ............. Madi says Hi!

    IMG_1491.JPG
    I think I talked to her last week for my spruce order. Now I have a face to go with the voice.

    Sent from my SM-J320V using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. SCAT tube routing for exhaust heat muff
    By Gordon Misch in forum Modifications
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 01:03 AM
  2. 45 Degree scat flange
    By tempdoug in forum Experimental Cubs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 09:18 AM
  3. J5A with A-75 Scat Hose Issues
    By rrb in forum Everything Else (formerly:My Other Plane Is A....)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 07:58 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •