• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

2" SCAT Splitter

Grant

FRIEND
At Work.....
We are installing a new exhaust (Sutton) and the previous system (Atlee Dodge) included an additional exhaust shroud for rear seat heat that ported that air over to a firewall valve. We need to split the main cabin heat duct from the Sutton and bring it up to the previously installed rear seat heat firewall valve.

Now I am pretty certain that Aircraft Spruce had these nifty "Y" splitters, But they changed their website and I cant find it. Does anyone here have a source for such a thing?

Ha, I know...… everything that was easy to find is now more difficult...….. it's under "heater"

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/2diaytube.php?clickkey=10872[/FONT]

That is why I like the paper catalog, I know where stuff is in it and can plug the part number in the computer.

Yep, then plug it in the 'puter for "will call" at AC Spruce. Drive a few miles and Madi hands it to me over the counter. Sure is great having them just a few minutes away!

F34A5B7A-177B-45E9-8253-478160174367.jpegBC46A62E-F612-426A-A2C0-D8AE0DC2999E.jpegAnother good option is adding a mid-year Cessna 172 carb heat stack robber for cabin heat. On my Husky A1-B, I put the robber on #4, y-tubed with aircraft spruce Ytube into the cabin heat box. No messing with carb heat, so no field approval needed by Mpls FSDO. Is a minor alteration with log book only entry by mechanic per Mpls FSDO. Pic #2 is Sutton h.s.robber. Wentworth aircraft, KMIC, Mn has used ones, I paid $20 @2years ago. I also added carbon fiber heated seats front and back $50, and a 0.2amp computer heat sink muffin fan in the cabin heat box outlet ($9). Toasty now.
We are installing a new exhaust (Sutton) and the previous system (Atlee Dodge) included an additional exhaust shroud for rear seat heat that ported that air over to a firewall valve. We need to split the main cabin heat duct from the Sutton and bring it up to the previously installed rear seat heat firewall valve.

Now I am pretty certain that Aircraft Spruce had these nifty "Y" splitters, But they changed their website and I cant find it. Does anyone here have a source for such a thing?

Attachments

• F34A5B7A-177B-45E9-8253-478160174367.jpeg
    F34A5B7A-177B-45E9-8253-478160174367.jpeg
    11.7 KB · Views: 683
  • BC46A62E-F612-426A-A2C0-D8AE0DC2999E.jpeg
    BC46A62E-F612-426A-A2C0-D8AE0DC2999E.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
The only down side if that installation for cabin heat is the possibility of dumping CO into the cabin. Most cabin heat muffs take outside air, duct it through the heat exchanger, then to the cabin. They don’t normally take air from in the cowling where an exhaust leak at a joint could dump CO in the cowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True that! What CO2 detector for, mine is an A1-B, no insulation, quite leaky. Not a sealed up spam can.
.....And a muffler factory heat shroud could be feeding CO into the cabin in the stock setup from an unseen crack under the shroud.

The only down side if that installation for cabin heat is the possibility of dumping CO into the cabin. Most cabin heat muffs take outside air, duct it through the heat exchanger, then to the cabin. They don’t normally take air from in the cowling where an exhaust leak at a joint could dump CO in the cowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back