• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Willow Mountain

The Kid

FOUNDER
Thompson Falls
Is the WILLOW MOUNTAIN the way to "fly"? Any negatives other than the cost? Would you do it if you were rebuilding?

Just finishing up my own scratch built fuselage. (Should fly in a couple weeks) Built it very similar to the Willow type but no doubt is heavier. I particularly like the elev. cables under the fuselage as it makes for a flat floor in the baggage compartments. If I could have bought one, that would have been the one for me.

You end up with a lip at the baggage door so it makes putting real heavy things in and out a bit harder. Having a big baggage door is a big plus if you carry a lot of stuff when you fly. Also if you plan on sleeping in the plane consider how that mod will affect that.
DENNY

You end up with a lip at the baggage door so it makes putting real heavy things in and out a bit harder.
DENNY

why would that be? if I understand what you are inferring?(baggage door /dogleg STC).....STC does NOT define the door/frame size(though it might suggest it?), since the door/frame is just common metal work, covered by 43.13.... make the door/frame flush with floor...

The rudder cables run in tubes along the bottom longerons, above the baggage floor. The raised baggage door sill is to keep it above the rudder cable tube.

Usually folks aren’t trying to slide a big block V8 into the back of a cub so I don’t see a lip at the bottom of the door as a problem. Cooler full of moose meat.....if the extra 3” lift to get it over the lip is too much for me then I’ll quit hunting.

The rudder cables run in tubes along the bottom longerons, above the baggage floor. The raised baggage door sill is to keep it above the rudder cable tube.

Usually folks aren’t trying to slide a big block V8 into the back of a cub so I don’t see a lip at the bottom of the door as a problem. Cooler full of moose meat.....if the extra 3” lift to get it over the lip is too much for me then I’ll quit hunting.

Oh, I thought it was the one that routes them to the center UNDER the longerons and cross tubes. Must be a different version.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Hmm recently I seen on that also sent the rudder cables to the center and under the lower longerons. Quite cool looking. Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I am off to Valdez this morning, will try to add more when I get back. Go to Airframes website and look at the 3D fuselage that will show the door I am talking about. I love the size and would get the baggage door for sure.
DENNY

Back