Thread: Weight and Balance Spreadsheet

Post Thanks / Like

Weight and Balance Spreadsheet

This is an Excel spreadsheet that I made. If you are familiar with Excel, it is "Sheet protected" but no password. Feel free to edit it. As is, there are only 5 variables for mine, and clicking the "TAB" shifts between the only places you can add data. Download it and give it a name you can find on YOUR computer. It's on my "Google Drive."

• #Gallons of Fuel in Wing Tanks (N121WP has two 11 gallon wing tanks, that drain through an 8 gallon tank just behind the firewall) for total of 30 gals. If you have larger tanks, and no similar tanks, you'll need to change the moment arm of your tanks.
    • Weight of Front Seat passenger
    • Weight of Back Seat passenger
    • Weight of Baggage.
    • Weight in front tank, although it remains full from wing tanks until they run dry

As long as the resulting number is bigger than 35 and smaller than 46, Good to go.

I'd be happy to modify it for anybody with your own W&B figures, and photographs.

Updated to show MAX Weight and CG info and corrected TOTAL WEIGHT and TOTAL MOMENT

Cheers
    Bob
    Last edited by Flying_Fin; 05-09-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Additional information
    Life is not a dress rehearsal, and is a fatal condition...make it count. It's a good landing if you can still open the doors.
    Thanks SchulerJL, moneyburner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an old-old-old bunch of W&B Excel sheets I did up years ago- I'll add them to this thread for interest's sake. Feel free to add/change/modify as required. I haven't looked at them for a long time, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of the arms and CG envelopes.

There's versions for 54 and 55 C180's, as well as C180H/J/K models both with and without the Kenmore upgross STC.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvYROJTj9hBi4weSPBTqT1fDxmZ7

I hope that link works....I'm not familiar with cloud storage and 'sharing' files.

Chris
    Likes Flying_Fin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    All you need is a Gmail account, and you can get 5 GIGABYTES of free storage in their "cloud." You load files to it, and then you can send a link, which is what I did above. Thanks for adding useful stuff.

Cheers,\
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by airChris View Post
    Here's an old-old-old bunch of W&B Excel sheets I did up years ago- I'll add them to this thread for interest's sake. Feel free to add/change/modify as required. I haven't looked at them for a long time, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of the arms and CG envelopes.

There's versions for 54 and 55 C180's, as well as C180H/J/K models both with and without the Kenmore upgross STC.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvYROJTj9hBi4weSPBTqT1fDxmZ7

I hope that link works....I'm not familiar with cloud storage and 'sharing' files.

Chris
    Life is not a dress rehearsal, and is a fatal condition...make it count. It's a good landing if you can still open the doors.