Thread: 2019 New Holstein Young Eagles Rally

Post Thanks / Like

2019 New Holstein Young Eagles Rally

We are planning for the Young Eagles Rally to be held Sunday morning, July21, from 8:00 a.m. to noon. The local pilots have initiated plans to re-form their EAA chapter and if that happens they will be able to be the host chapter...Perry is working on that.

You are all aware of the importance of getting kids in the air, and the courtesy of "giving back" to the New Holstein community, both missions being accomplished by participating as a pilot. Please take a moment to make sure you are still have a valid Youth Protection certificate. You can find your status by logging into your EAA account, go to the bottom of that page to "Training Information", click on that and you will see your status.

We will need pilots and aircraft again this year. If you plan to participate, please fly in Friday or Saturday so that we are prepared for the event.

The smiles of the kids and their parents are well worth the hassle of flying these kids, folks. Please consider helping us out!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4286.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	42709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2787.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	225.0 KB 
ID:	42710

Thanks for considering!

Randy
    Likes charlie husky, FdxLou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know when your EAA Young Eagle Youth Protection Program certificate expires? Please check it out. You need to know.

We need you there for the YE rally on July 21, 2019. Really. It appears that the New Holstein chapter will be hosting their VERY FIRST event! Please do them proud by being ready and willing to give Young Eagle flights.

No pressure, but Santa will be watching you folks this year. Lumps of coal in your stockings are not cool. Totally not cool. Don’t allow that to happen. Come over to NH Friday and be ready for the YE flights!

Randy
    Likes C130jake, charlie husky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I did my bg check in 5min, and the YPP, took 9 minutes just now. Do you allow Husky’s to participate? I am a stealth Cub with PA-18 SuperCub gear.

Received certificate same day, at 11:01 pm.
    Last edited by charlie husky; 05-17-2019 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Smr
    Thanks WindOnHisNose thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Randy, I sure hope to be able to help out this year with flying some kiddos. Youth protection certificate good another year. We'd love to make it up, and hopefully our weather en route will be better this time. Jim got vacation for the week, I wasn't as lucky. I'll have to hope I can bid it off. Stay tuned.

Sarah
    Likes FdxLou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just completed the EAA YPP and got my certificate.

Looking forward to participating again this year.

I am hoping to keep my stuff better together than this guy.

Name:	IMG_7776.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	526.2 KB 
ID:	42973

Name:	IMG_7779.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	530.5 KB 
ID:	42974

Jeff
    Likes OLDCROWE, SJ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Folks, we received great news from Perry Welch, A&P/AI extraordinaire at the New Holstein airport. Those folks have gone and DONE IT! Yup, New Holstein has it's own EAA Chapter! YeeeeeeHaaaaa!

With this in mind, this will be the first year that the New Holstein chapter will be the sponsoring chapter for the Young Eagles Rally, to be held on Airport Appreciation Day on Sunday, July 21, from 8-noon.

Thanks to those who have let me know that you will be able to give rides or help as a Super Ground Crew member! For those who haven't, please PM me and let me know if you can give rides this year. There is no better way to pay back to this awesome community than by mentoring these children, getting them into the air!

Please complete the Youth Protection program through EAA, if you haven't already done so. Information and registration for the Youth Protection program can be found here: https://www.eaa.org/eaa/youth/youth-...cy-and-program

I know some of the folks who flew into the Cornucopia airstrip last weekend are planning to help, but we need more pilots and aircraft.

I hope to hear from you soon.

You make a difference.

Randy
    the shooter
    Likes FdxLou, jrussl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We plan on being there

Post Thanks / Like
    SJ has kindly crafted a form for you to sign up for giving Young Eagle flights. I know that several of you have pm'd me, but please take a moment to fill out the form. This information will make it so much easier for the new EAA chapter to complete their forms.

Thank you!

https://forms.gle/kExqeWJZz2xqWLcB7

Randy the shooter