• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-12 AOSS w/ 6" Gear

Nodak33

Has it been done.

Can it be done.

Figuring Burl will tell me to go pound sand, but just figured i woould ask around and see if there is a random field approval out there and information relating to length of travel vs. the length of the shock struts that would be getting replaced.

he will make whatever length you need...

you will have to measure it as different brands of gear leg vees have different length shock struts(even using stock hydrosorb units), no standard lengths/comparisons...

Has it been done.

Can it be done.

Figuring Burl will tell me to go pound sand, but just figured i woould ask around and see if there is a random field approval out there and information relating to length of travel vs. the length of the shock struts that would be getting replaced.

Any luck on this?

I put money into a 84/37 prop instead.

There is no reason why it shouldnt work, the measurements line up to replace my shock struts, just a matter of making the paperwork work. Maybe you can answer if the STC notes the specific gear length or just a "PA-18 gear" on a PA-12.
Im to the point now with my -12 where i am pretty much splitting hairs. Parts aren't going to make me more proficient as a pilot, but some god dam 100LL gettin burned on and over the sandbars of the Cimmarron River certainly will!!!

Obviously if there is a deal out there, I wouldnt turn it down, but right now I am just trying get as safe at low and slow as I can and flying as much as I can. #PILOTSUPPORTTINGTHEOILFIELDTHRU100LLCONSUMPTION

AOSS is one of the best bangs for the buck when it comes to certified aircraft. You can get a bounce of of them but you have to work at it real hard. If you can manage a halfway decent landing the wheels just stick and you can start braking. No more burning up 50 feet of runway with a bounce or two.
DENNY

Back