• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

where are the power supplies for the wing strobes?

algonquin

Seldovia,Ak
Hi guys, anybody know where Maule hide the power pac's for the wing tip strobes. Just trying to save time and effort , thanks

Usually a single box back in the baggage area. But a lot depends on the system installed and whether it's factory installed or was done later. At least one other style has a power supply in each wing tip. Power it up and see if you can hear the 'pop and whine'.

Web

Thanks Web , just before I was leaving yesterday I tried but it was too noisy couldn't hear it. LOL, nothing to do with me half deft. There is a box under the pilot seat , bet that could be it. I'm putting a UAvionex Skybeacon in and need to change the power to it for the led strobe in it. Taking out Maule seats is just fun too, I think most everything is well thought out to work on though. We have two now and talking about a third.

We were in Seldovia last weekend checking on the boat, Took her out for a run and a good washdown. after sitting all winter with the seagulls cracking the clams all over her she was a mess.
Are you back in Seldovia for the summer or still down south?

JP

If you actually have an equipment list like you are supposed to, it will list the station number of the power pack(s). Some systems have one central one with high voltage wires strung to all the flash tubes, others will have a separate power pack for each flash tube, usually located a foot or so from the flash tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DGA, sorry if this upset you, but sometimes we ask each other questions that will save us time when we have lots of work to do on a few airplanes and most thing one of the guys here have done and we help each other. Kinda like working in a big shop and you talk to each other, but guess you may not have had the experience.

DGA, sorry if this upset you, but sometimes we ask each other questions that will save us time when we have lots of work to do on a few airplanes and most thing one of the guys here have done and we help each other. Kinda like working in a big shop and you talk to each other, but guess you may not have had the experience.

Not upset at all. I tried to help out and gave the possible locations. My comment about equipment lists is a pet peeve of mine. They are a required item to meet type design, yet perhaps 90% of the airplanes I look at don’t have an up to date one. This is the owners responsibility to maintain it, and the installing mechanics responsibility to update it. I’ve seen oh so many airplanes with 10 - 20 337s that saw W&B and equipment list updated, but when you go through the documents, no updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back