• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Windshield - thickness, tint and u.v.

stknrddr

Greenville (north east), Wi. U.S.A.
Regarding windshields for an experimental Super Cub, is there an understanding of windshield thickness vs. horsepower, tint (clear, gray, green) and/or u.v. protection requirements? Is there any experience on heat reduction inside the cabin when using u.v. protection on a windshield?

thanks,
john

Regarding windshields for an experimental Super Cub, is there an understanding of windshield thickness vs. horsepower, tint (clear, gray, green) and/or u.v. protection requirements? Is there any experience on heat reduction inside the cabin when using u.v. protection on a windshield?

thanks,
john
The heat reduction from stock (thin clear windshield & green top) was amazing with solar gray IR/UV blocking plastic. As I recall it was a good bit heavier than stock but the windshield no longer bows backwards at speed (which is comforting) and you won't believe how much cooler the cabin is. I definitely would do it again.

Kirby

ps. My Cub is certified

I take the suction cups off, mount it with Velcro or zip ties. Bottom lays on the V even with door open. It retracks with a push of the bottom on right side

Glenn

Back