• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New primer product

stewartb

I went to my local airplane paint store to pick up some DP-50 for some touch up and VG painting I need to do. DP has gotten expensive and I didn't need a quart so the helpful paint lady told me to try this stuff. I asked what the feedback from other customers has been and she said all good. For small batch jobs it sure will be handy. It's two part epoxy in one aerosol can. You release the catalyst by pushing the red cap onto the nozzle on the bottom and you have 4 days to use the can. Anyone tried it? I'm fixing to.

IMG_5158.JPG

IMG_5159.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_5158.JPG
    IMG_5158.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_5159.JPG
    IMG_5159.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_5160.JPG
    IMG_5160.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 251
s-l225.jpg
Stewart, i use this stuff, and people say its no good and wont work, so im sure that wont work either. put on lighter rather than heavier has worked great for me.

I've use the Spray Max also. I'm Building and its not been outside the workshop yet, but I went with SprayMax 2K due to the recommendation of my paint supplier like you.

I am a rookie, but I liked it.

Zinc Chromate.....I like that stuff too. I didn't think I could get it....its about 30% the cost of Spray Max.

Last edited:
I'm used to shooting the top coat into a tacky primer so how this stuff flows out will be something I'll pay attention to. For what I'm doing I may be better off letting it dry and sanding, at least on my repair. VGs aren't as important for finish as for adhesion. I figure I get a good hands-on test for both.

User report. I'm impressed. This stuff sprays and lays down very nicely. For guys like me who don't use DP fast enough and end up tossing half used cans? This is a great alternative. And it saved three gun cleanings, too. :up:up:up

I think it was $23. Not cheap but a lot better than a quart of DP plus the activator only to use a small part and then have it sit around too long to be any good.

They sell the same configuration with a true 2 part polyurethane clear coat. Turns out it's the same polyurethane clear coat I bought in a 1 Gal can plus catalyst when I repainted my truck several years ago. I used the rattle can of polyurethane to clear coat the carbon fiber spinner I fabbed for my other plane. Worked great and has held up really well. It cost $32/can when I bought it in 2015. Last time I checked it was down to $20/can. I usually order paints and paint supplies, including the 2 part rattle can, from TCP global in San Diego. Now days TCP Global sells the same stuff for the same price on Ebay with free shipping.

-Cub Builder

Spinner.jpg

Attachments

• Spinner.jpg
    Spinner.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 232
is good stuff. have used the polyurethane version mixed to the color asked for.

The spray tip is adjustable for horizontal or vertical fan, which is a huge plus.

They also make one-part paint with the same spray tip. Have sprayed the black and matte black. I like it

Nice "other plane" Cub Builder!

Back