• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Gaston Fly in

Eddie (Doyle), of course, saw this post and wanted me to say something! Eddie (Foy), I will get the "Old Guard Fly-in at Gaston's" thread back up (I think I know how to do that) so you can see all of the info/discussion. EVERYBODY is welcome. We would love to have folks who have never been to one of the "old" fly-ins, but, according to Kirby, you are "old" enough and my Eddie says he thinks you were at fly-ins with Steve Pierce. OK, I'm going to post this tidbit and see if I can get the other one up.
Charlotte Doyle (maker of name tags for fly-ins!!!)

Eddie (Doyle), of course, saw this post and wanted me to say something! Eddie (Foy), I will get the "Old Guard Fly-in at Gaston's" thread back up (I think I know how to do that) so you can see all of the info/discussion. EVERYBODY is welcome. We would love to have folks who have never been to one of the "old" fly-ins, but, according to Kirby, you are "old" enough and my Eddie says he thinks you were at fly-ins with Steve Pierce. OK, I'm going to post this tidbit and see if I can get the other one up.
Charlotte Doyle (maker of name tags for fly-ins!!!)

Any chance that Eddie, "the HIRED GUN", Doyle will get a Hall Pass for a trip to the Alaska Airman's Show in early may?

Welllll, that may be asking a lot since I am dragging him off to New York City next Sunday...and then we (plus others) have organized the fly-in at Gastons in Arkansas over Memorial Day...and in June he wants to go to Missouri Breaks/Winifred since he's never been able to get there (poor boy) and then on to Johnson Creek. And, if you want to know, I'm getting pretty tired of his saying he'll go somewhere if he can get a "kitchen pass!" Anyone who really knows Ed Doyle, knows he has always done exactly what he wants to do when he wants to do it! GENERALLY I have supported his desires, but I have never given permission. Oh, he also wants me to arrange for us to go to Peru sometime in the next year!
Charlotte Doyle, wife of the Hired Gun

8)Well, that settles it. I NEED to go to JC!!

I think most of us have a supporter just like you, we ask permission, in sort of a leading way!:smile:

I think this spring would be a good time to try and have the fly in. Not that my cub being closer has anything to do with it. I would like to explore AR some more

I think this spring would be a good time to try and have the fly in. Not that my cub being closer has anything to do with it. I would like to explore AR some more

Be happy to help with some tours of the 70 or so airstrips nearby. We will likely have an event of some sort here in Bentonville (81nm west of Gastons) in the fall.

sj

Back