• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Belly Pod

ridiculousness

I will be using my Cessna 180 on our family owned Part 135 certificate. It is a 1967 180H with a robertson stol. I have an 0-470R motor 235 hp straight from continental. i have all the upgrades i want/need (EXCEPT) a belly pod. At this point is aerocet my only option?

There are several threads out there about this. Putting "site:supercub.org" in google when search is the best way to find stuff here.

There used to also be "Alaska Bush Pods", but I don't know if they have a model for the 180

sj

Might check with Carbon Master Randy Appling, Carbon Concepts in Wasilla. He had some pod stuff happening.

I will be using my Cessna 180 on our family owned Part 135 certificate. It is a 1967 180H with a robertson stol. I have an 0-470R motor 235 hp straight from continental. i have all the upgrades i want/need (EXCEPT) a belly pod. At this point is aerocet my only option?

I would not recommend the Aerocet pod for commercial work. The hatches are too small. We use ours for the family Wagon and it’s good for that purpose.

The factory pod can be had used for lots cheaper anyhow, and it has more space, bigger hatches, and is easier to fit up due to flexibility of the fiberglass. The Aerocet pod has a roof, which is nice for weatherproofing, but it does make it quite rigid. You can search for my write up on install challenges.

Look up AeroPod. There’s a guy in Colorado that makes a STC pod that’s real similar to the original Cessna pod.

Back