• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pa11 engine options.

WILLSC-FKBH

hey my name is will I have a 1947 pa11. I am looking for a c-90 or different type of engine option. my current engine has water damage.

A stroked 85 with a longer prop would be MY choice, but I'd be looking for T/O & climb performance.

I currently have a c90-8f. rebuilt in 1978 but has water damage. what would you do to the c85 to make it a stroker. would it be cheaper then a c90 overhaul. I am in canada got a quote for 32000 on complet rebuild from areo recip and 17500 from another shop

We have a C90-8F in our stock (original configuration without modifications) PA-11. We're happy with the performance. We flew the airplane for 5 decades with an A65-8 on it before going to the C90 a while back. The performance in the Northeast part of the country with 65 H.P. was adequate but our intent is to relocate to the Mountain states soon and that was the motivator for the upgrade. I like the torque of the C90 over the C85 and since that engine is on the original type certificate data sheet, no S.T.C. is required for the installation in the U.S.

Back