• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Time for more moderate climate

March is usually our best freight hauling time on snow sleds. Not this year. A lot of folks will be hurt by the early spring not allowing them to haul provisions. It's been in the mid-high 40s here for weeks.

Well the State of Alaska is for sale. Occasional mild weather included. Most stuff still runs but deferred maintenance needed. We'll even throw in a few bugs and bears for the lucky bidders. However six months a year sunshine is optional.

No reasonable offer refused.

Gary

March is usually our best freight hauling time on snow sleds. Not this year. A lot of folks will be hurt by the early spring not allowing them to haul provisions. It's been in the mid-high 40s here for weeks.

Not to mention our best time of year for backcountry skiing and ski flying. I finally started to learn to fly on skis this year and upgraded my backcountry touring gear after 20 years. Spring has come a month early and ruined those plans. Plenty of people happy about it, but March is usually my favorite month of winter.

Time to put the tires back on and replace the shovel in the belly pod with a tent and a packraft.

Back