• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Woodstock 50th Anniversary

SteveE

SPONSOR
Jenks, OK
I see Woodstock is havin another shindig. Since this is a cub site, I was thinking about flyin my cub up. It looks like it is close to Tim’s place, so I thought I’d go by there and pick up a pound of his doobies for the show. I’m afraid my bale of marihooch might cause some suspicion crossing state lines, especially when it looks like Cheech and Chong opened the door. I figured Tim would love to go with me since his favorite singer Miley Cyrus is on stage with her Wrecking Ball. Maybe we can pick some of those magic mushrooms that seem to grow wild south of Albany on our way.

See you this summer bro.

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose
Nothin', that's all that Bobby left me, yeah
But, feelin' good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues
Hey, feelin' good was good enough for me, mm-hmm
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee. Woof woof.

Last edited:
I’ll have Janis Joplin in my head all day....”just me and Bobby McGee”.

Lou

They have tried to do a couple Woodstocks over the years. One or two in Saugerties NY and one in Rome NY. Never got close to numbers of the first one

One of my local farmers who did a few vacations in SE Asia has this on his tail gate

IMG_20170321_102041364_HDR_zpsanxkbx7d.jpg

Glenn

PS. I found this an bought a dozen , I give them out to those that earned them

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/252880586076

Last edited:
We can handle it, got all the shrooms and mary j you need good crop last year

Is that what grows in those fields south of you with all that wire netting over them?

There are 3 fairly major 50th year concerts this year, The one at Yasgur's farm is now limited for space and can not be as big as it once was. Not to mention it was never expected to be that big.
There is also going to be the "Official 50th year Concert" that will be held at Watkins Glen race track. This on has allot more permitted room with multiple stages.
Hunter Mountain which hosts 3 day jams every year will also be hosting a seriously large gathering.

Is pretty interesting reading on the history that led up to these events starting with the French in the 1800's.

In 1969 I was setting banners advertising Woodstock in return for time in the banner guys PA12.

Turns out that that was a much better gig than going there.

Some things are notable and great once then its time to move on. Woodstock with Jay Z and Miley Cyrus, give me a break.

Miley is surprisingly talented though perhaps a bit misguided. She can sing, however. You younger folk can check out the vid of her dueting with Billy Idol on "Rebel Yell". Older types check out the duet with Dolly Parton doing "Jolene".

My high school english teacher was at the original Woodstock. He said the weather was lousy, the sound lousy and the acid not so great either.

I did see Jerry, once. It was a pretty good time. I enjoy telling the kids about it. I even got to drive a vintage 1968 Beetle to the show.....

Oddly enough, one of our properties in Northern Maine is a humongous building leased out to four very special farmers. Eaton, you find your way here and I'll have the boys stock you up with some pretty good stuff.

Back