• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pa12 lift strut measurement

AClarke

Anyone know the Pa12 lift strut length? Installing new wings with “original” sealed struts and they bind at the fuselage strut attach point on frame with the attach fork adjusted all the way in. Need to determine if these are -12 or -18 length struts. Side loading the attach fork makes me nervous...
Any ideas?

Adam

18 front struts have cable fairlead attach rings on upper part(and is LONGER), -12 does not... unless Airframes Inc. goofed up again.. (but they assured me the fixed their jig so that won't happen again :) )

Seems like the Clevis end angle isn’t quite right on any of the 4. Logs indicate correct Univair P/N’s

Natural “lay” of the struts is about 4-5 inches below the wing attach fitting. Not a lot of force required for alignment but made me wonder if the angle or length was wrong.

Adam

....Natural “lay” of the struts is about 4-5 inches below the wing attach fitting. Not a lot of force required for alignment but made me wonder if the angle or length was wrong.
Are you trying to put too much dihedral in the wings? OR has your fuselage been rebuilt with the wing strut fitting being bent at the wrong angle?

Clevis ends are all the way in so no on the excess dihedral. Will take a look at things this morning.

Front 120 3/4”. Rear 121 1/2”. To center of bolt holes measured on front side of hole.

Had to clean the rear mounting lug and the strut fits much better now.
Anyone have experience of -18 jury strut set up on a -12? In particular the front strut mount fitting/clamp. Best to cut the cablenfairlead lug of an -18 fitting or is there another front clamp off a different PA series that will work?

Rather not make one from scratch...

Adam

Had to clean the rear mounting lug and the strut fits much better now.
Anyone have experience of -18 jury strut set up on a -12? In particular the front strut mount fitting/clamp. Best to cut the cablenfairlead lug of an -18 fitting or is there another front clamp off a different PA series that will work?

Rather not make one from scratch...

Adam

Depending on who’s struts you have they sell clamps without that fairlead on them.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back