• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Paint Shooter

46 Cub

Does anyone know of a good paint person (or two) in the Anchorage/Valley/Kenai Pen. area with experience shooting metal planes who might be willing to travel to Homer? It would be pure trigger-man for a large fuselage prepped, boothed, and ready to shoot.

Stake out a popular body shop....watch to see who comes out with raccoon face...fan your face with some Benjamin’s.... sure hot today...if it’s above freezing. Plus you need to be in a tee shirt to prove your fully Alaskan....then say, ‘’Hey looking for a couple painters for the weekend’’ after on board...ask to see a couple of his recent paint jobs less cut and polish...that’s just me...I’d rather have a guy who does it every day all day... different tune if it were a tube and fabric airplane..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I HATE painting metal planes with rivets!!

the difference between awesome smooth job, or runs coming down from the rivets is??

have never figured that out.... capillary action I guess...

I was all set to do it myself, got in the wrong hockey game, and broke my shooting hand.. will probably just do it anyway, but thought I'd cast about for possibilities too..
Ya the rivets...and the fact you can't cut and polish.... that's why it has to be someone who's done it. A superb body man could end up surprised by those skin laps, fittings, and rivets.
Someone who paints Kenworth trucks and trailers would be the one I'm looking for. Anyway, I think I'll be able to do it myself but thanks for the responses.

Back