• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Doug Keller, designer of Performance STOL flaps, joins Airframes Alaska

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
More top industry talent joins the Airframes team! Doug Keller has come onboard at Alaska’s premier general aviation manufacturer as our new principal R&D engineer.

Engineering and flying have gone together for Doug for the better part of 30 years. He’s worked as a principal engineer and obtained multiple patents for work on projects with leaders in biotech and mechanical engineering like Dow, HP, and the Harvard Medical School.* He’s paid his bills (and his dues) as a flight instructor and airline transport pilot, amassing nearly 6000 hours flight time and various professional ratings.* He’s also a Designated Engineering Representative (DER) of the FAA.* And that was all before designing the Performance STOL line of high-lift flap systems for Piper PA-18 Super Cubs and similar experimental aircraft, which Airframes Alaska acquired from Doug in 2017.

“Doug just makes sense at Airframes. Yes, we’ve worked together selling PSTOL flaps, but he’s also just what we’re all about at Airframes: he’s a pilot, he’s a professional, he’s well known in bush flying, and he’s done a lot of interesting stuff!* When we started talking about our own Super Cub wing, we knew we had to have Doug.” – Heather Montgomery, CEO

Doug will be bringing his expertise as an engineering design lead to our R&D team, helping Airframes deliver on our commitment to developing new and innovative products for bush flying – including our very own certified PA-18 wing design, currently in development.

Welcome to the Airframes Alaska team, Doug!

Sent from my Pixel using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Last edited:
I sold Doug the Super Cub that became the test bed for the Performance STOL flaps. I was impressed by him as pilot and as a guy who said what he meant and did what he said. Good luck in the new position.

Back