• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Boeing Buys Foreflight

Oh by the way... Is anyone looking where they're going anymore? Like touch screens on new cars, attention is constantly diverted from reality to virtual reality. Great helpers, but ought not become the primary source. Many new students might prefer virtual. Pet peeve.

That is no lie, I have to rent for work once a month or so, NUTSNUTS NUTS!!!! These idiots are making it extremely dificult for something simple like turning the heat on, dont even try to figure out how to turn a radio on. Stupid. All I can think of is what is wrong with a knob and lever. These new trucks, a electronic switch to put in 4 wheel.. great until you need 4 wheel and the switch goes.

No time to look at the window, too busy reading SuperCub.Org

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Droid is fine for most GA users. The problem with Droid is the OS is not secure enough to meet FAA requirements for EFBs in 121/135 service. It is not hacking that is feared although that is an issue, the real problem is "too many flavors" of Droid out there that one cannot easily validate how it will interact with a given program. While Apple is very tight with it OS and API, it guarantees usability, and backwards capability. Droid on the other hand allows programs to make changes to its OS to enable them to function better, but the compatibility with other programs or in the future is not guaranteed. All the money in the EFB business is in fleet applications and that is why Droid will always be an "also ran".

All the money in the EFB business is in fleet applications and that is why Droid will always be an "also ran".

That sounds right. Garmin Pilot runs fine on iPads, so it remains a solid alternative to Foreflight.

My android tablet does not have an internal gps, but I have blue tooth connected my Garmin Glo (about $100) to both an Android Tablet running Avare (free app) and an iphone running Foreflight (currently a reasonably priced app). Both worked well. Avare does all I need it to (basic navigation). If foreflight gets expensive, I'll just dust off the android and go back to Avare and paper maps.

Both my Samsung phone (Galaxy J3) and Samsung tablet (8" Tab A) have internal GPS--
they work just fine in the airplane without external antennae or blue-toothing to any other device(s).

I use WingX v9 ....I get it free by sending in my CFI credentials....I like it. It works well with my Stratux. I hope Foreflight remains GA friendly....I started out with Foreflight and loved it.

Same here, I’ve been very happy with WingX. At work we have Jepp FDPro, including their VFR charts which gives me a nice back up if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back