• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Steve's gascolator??

supercub

Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate w
Are their any advantages that Steve's gascolator have over the original metal, bale type? Do the Steve's gascolator fit in the original mount bracket?

sounds like I just proved their is such a thing as a dumb question :) Still would like to know the advantages, and if it fits in the same bracket.

There are a bunch of recent threads on this already, which is I suspect why you are getting those responses...

sj

Are their any advantages that Steve's gascolator have over the original metal, bale type? Do the Steve's gascolator fit in the original mount bracket?

Its designed to replace the original Piper gascolator. Enlarge the bail holes for 10/32 screw and file a notch for cotter key pass through. O-Ring sealed, no bail wire to pop off. Anodized 6061 aluminum for corrosion protection. Easy to maintain.

Any other questions just call...

Brian.

I highly recommend making the change Brian. One of the first things I did to 443, and another guy on here just swapped after his old style gascolator on his 12 started leaking mid flight.. also much safer in the unlikely event of an accident.

Thanks mam90 :)
I highly recommend making the change Brian. One of the first things I did to 443, and another guy on here just swapped after his old style gascolator on his 12 started leaking mid flight.. also much safer in the unlikely event of an accident.

Back