• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

E/AB Super Cub Project - Wing Kit Advice

Rossco

Hi all, first time poster here.

I have the beginnings of a project. Found a homebuilt PA18 type fuselage in pretty good shape and well made. A "barn find" of some genuine PA 18 parts - set of flaps, fuel tanks, horizontal stabiliser (no elevators), vertical stabiliser (no rudder), nose bowl. Then I got lucky and found a low time O-320. The stars are aligning.

I am looking for suggestions as to which company can supply a E/AB wing kit? I'd like to build the wings but most, like Dakota Cub, Univair and Jay over at Javron only seem to supply fully assembled wings. I'm looking for the basic kit - ribs, spars and the rest - to have a go at building my own set.

Looking for suggestions.

Thx

Ross

Javron sells wing kits, I believe, I'm sure there are others, as well. Have you done any research to make sure you'll meet the 51% rule if you build just the wings? Might want to look into it before you get too invested.

"Cub wings" isn't as generic as you may think. You can get replica wings with standard sized ailerons and flaps, deeper chord ailerons and flaps, extended flaps, split flaps, etc, etc, etc. And then there are slots and slats, too. Decide what it is that you want and then narrow down who can provide it for you.

Welcome. As Stewartb posted there are lots of options. If you are in Canada look into Areonef Montreal they make ribs and spars. That is what my project has.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I purchased Univair parts for my build but if I was to do it again I’d bite the bullet and buy one of the full Dakota wing kits.

I have been in touch with Jay at Javron and he has been most helpful. I kind of get the feeling he is not keen on selling a wing kit and prefers selling the completed wing. I tried to contact Dakota Cubs but got no reply. So still working with Jay because I like his workmanship and in-depth knowledge of the PA18.

Javron sells wing kits, I believe, I'm sure there are others, as well. Have you done any research to make sure you'll meet the 51% rule if you build just the wings? Might want to look into it before you get too invested.

Back