• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cub Wing Build How-To?

Colorado-Cub

Buena Vista, CO
While most everything else on my Cub is pretty obvious I am still learning about the progression of a wing assembly (the wire torque, the attachment points of special joints at the flaps and ailerons, implications of sizes of fuel tanks, leading edge attachment, etc)

I have the Northland plans and understand the components of a wing, but has anyone ever done an overview of a Cub wing build that covers the "why" certain steps are done at specific time?

Wood or metal; either is fine (I fly a full wood wing). I am really just curious about the overall process and the small but important details that go into a wing. Anyone have any educational materials in this regards they could point me to?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I am not close enough Chuck; I am in Denver CO.

At brief glance, those PDFs look very informative. Thanks!

Cub club sells a DVD for $40.00. They have one for a pa-18-150 and a wood j-3. You may have to join the Cub club. Phone# 262-966-7627. Joining is also a good thing to join and support.

Cub club sells a DVD for $40.00. They have one for a pa-18-150 and a wood j-3. You may have to join the Cub club. Phone# 262-966-7627. Joining is also a good thing to join and support.
I bought that video before I built my 2+2 wing. Hands down, a great investment. Some of the tricks shown are likely common knowledge to Cub wing builders but, as they say, priceless to a first time wing builder. Worth the $$$.
Marty

Several good threads on building wings on this website as well. Those Dakota Cub links are very helpful.

Google search like this: trammeling site:supercub.org

Back