• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Belly Pod Attachment - Is quick release latch available???

Lazy J Ranch

NE Pennsylvania
I'm new to the SuperCub group. Currently in the process of recovering my PA-18. It has the Airglas Belly Pod. Is there an option that could be installed on the straps that attach the pod to the belly making a quick release system for when the belly pod is not needed? It would be a nice option to be able to put it on or take it off as needed.

Thanks,
Marty

They come off easy anyway. Going back on take a couple minutes more.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Weld rear tabs on the fuselage if you haven’t already. I’ve spent as much time fishing the hangers out of the belly as I have putting the pod on.

IMG_3109.JPG

This is for the rear pod-attach strap.

IMG_9999.jpg

Behind the fabric clamped to a tube. This is a structural clamp with a tab welded onto it with a 10/32 tapped hole to accept an AN3 bolt.

The front strap shouldn't be an issue if it is using some type of tab off of the rear gear bolt.

Attachments

• IMG_3109.JPG
    IMG_3109.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_9999.jpg
    IMG_9999.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 146
Weld rear tabs on the fuselage if you haven’t already. I’ve spent as much time fishing the hangers out of the belly as I have putting the pod on.

That's what you get for gettin' that purty Cub. My holes are big enough that it is a none issue now. Can have it on or off in 15 minutes or less.

That's what you get for gettin' that purty Cub. My holes are big enough that it is a none issue now. Can have it on or off in 15 minutes or less.
I’m guilty of thinking that every hole should be tighter than a mouse ear. Now that I’m older, I have grown to appreciate the ease and convenience of a larger hole:eek:

Back