• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

My First Hangar, My First Pilot's Lounge

stewartb

The ultimate toy box. Having fun with it, too. :)

IMG_5086.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_5086.JPG
    IMG_5086.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 400
I don't reply much at all on here but is there a invite to check it out? Sorry looking for a good excuse to go to AK!

That was a fun hunt, but not intended to be a bear hunt and with that? That's not the right bear! I wouldn't change a thing. Great memories with two great friends.

I recognize everything except for that thing in the foreground. it looks like some sort of torture contraption.

The elliptical I the first thing added and will be the last thing to go. Most of us need more exercise in our lives. My knees can't take running so getting the heart rate up for 20-30 minutes requires a machine. That machine has lots of miles on it and I intend to add lots and lots more. :)

Saturday morning I was at a Hangar Condo Board meeting. One of the members is a retired airline pilot who's theory is that you have a finite amount of heart beats and that getting your heart rate up just shortens your life. Like he says, there's no way to prove it right or wrong so he's going with it. His theory was good for a few laughs.
There are no clothes hanging on your elliptical which is what most are used for.

Ha! I've had Bradycardia for most of my life. When I was young and active it went unnoticed. Get a little older and it affects everything but it takes the right doctor to connect the dots. So to the finite number of heart beats theory? I'm way behind.

Having adequate oxygen in my body is something I'll never take for granted again!

Now that you have shown us yours, I have to show you mine. This shows my lounge when I found it at a local thrift store for $15.00. It is portable, and I am able to move my lounge as projects dictate in the hangar. I get my exercise running to the bathroom at the FBO next door. Not nearly as nice as yours, but a person has to start somewhere. Congratulations on your hangar and cave. Everyone needs one.

IMG_0847.jpeg

I also provide free meals for the less fortunate.

IMG_0345.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_0345.jpeg
    IMG_0345.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 995
Last edited:
The elliptical I the first thing added and will be the last thing to go. Most of us need more exercise in our lives. My knees can't take running so getting the heart rate up for 20-30 minutes requires a machine. That machine has lots of miles on it and I intend to add lots and lots more. :)

treadmill and youtube videos on making stuff is my daily routine in evening... try for an hour a day... some shorter, some longer...

treadmill and youtube videos on making stuff is my daily routine in evening... try for an hour a day... some shorter, some longer...

I built a treadmill desk, which I can work at up to about 3.5mph, but mostly I stream all the Netflix/amazon dystopian stuff Laura does not like to watch... Philip Dick, etc...

sj

I built a treadmill desk, which I can work at up to about 3.5mph, but mostly I stream all the Netflix/amazon dystopian stuff Laura does not like to watch... Philip Dick, etc...

sj
Electric Dreams

Electric Dreams

Man in the High Castle is also Philip Dick. I read tons of scifi when I was younger and he was always a favorite. They did a pretty good job with electric dreams I think.

sj

No videos for me. A pair of noise canceling ear buds and a good music library are my exercise partners. And now I can look at airplanes. That's my kind of gym.

6B3CA76B-9E6F-4FD9-B879-412A636F1B05.jpg
Too many toys fills it up. Carbon CubEX is
with me in Florida. Careful Stewart, I had to
Move the tractors to another building

Attachments

• 6B3CA76B-9E6F-4FD9-B879-412A636F1B05.jpg
    6B3CA76B-9E6F-4FD9-B879-412A636F1B05.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 238
Oh a Scotsman clad in kilt left the bar one evening fair
and one could tell by how he walked he'd drunk more than his share
he fumbled 'round until he could no longer keep his feet
and he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street

CHORUS
ring ding diddle dliddle add E O
ring ding diddily I Oh
(repeat last line of verse)

Well about that time two young and lovely lassies passed him by
and one looked to the other with a twinkle in her eye
"Do you see yon sleepin' Scotsman so strong and handsome built?
Well I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath their kilt"

They crept up to the sleepin' Scotsman quiet as could be
they lifted up his kilt about an inch so they could see
and there behold for them to view beneath the Scotsman's skirt
there was nothin' more than God had graced him with upon his birth

Well they marvelled for a moment and one said "we must be gone.
Let's leave a present for our friend before we move along"
As a gift they left a blue silk ribbon tied up in a bow
about the bonny part the Scotsman's kilt had lift and shown

Well the Scotsman woke to Nature's call and stumbled toward the trees
he lifted up his kilt and then he gawks at what he sees
and in the voice of wonderment at what's before his eyes
"Akk lad I don't know where you've been but I see you've won first prize"

Heart.JPG
Saturday morning I was at a Hangar Condo Board meeting. One of the members is a retired airline pilot who's theory is that you have a finite amount of heart beats and that getting your heart rate up just shortens your life. Like he says, there's no way to prove it right or wrong so he's going with it. His theory was good for a few laughs.
There are no clothes hanging on your elliptical which is what most are used for.

Attachments

• Heart.JPG
    Heart.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 197
Back