• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

how cold is it where your at?

I’ve got serious skid-steer envy!!!!
I've been trying to find a good used ctl around here and you're right I think I'd have to sell an airplane to buy one.

sj

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I've been trying to find a good used ctl around here and you're right I think I'd have to sell an airplane to buy one.

sj

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Yep, my buddy who helped me build my hangar left his here for a month with a bucket, box blade, auger and a set of forks. It was real handy and I thought I needed one until I priced one.

Oh yea, 81 degrees here today but the wind shall blow as it does on these warm blasts we get this time of year.

And now? Tractor envy.

Attachments

• 6CCD1D2E-F02A-4F5C-9C1D-B424EE4E4F07.jpg
    6CCD1D2E-F02A-4F5C-9C1D-B424EE4E4F07.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 86
currently -12, was suppose to get down in the -20s but its not making it. hard weather is in south dakota.

Last edited:
20230223_071227.jpg
Low 30's with freezing rain in Commerce Michigan

Attachments

• 20230223_071227.jpg
    20230223_071227.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Never got above zero in scenic Bozeman yesterday. Some Texans and Californians may be reconsidering their investment strategies.

MTV

were right at 1 below this morning. north dakota. any one ever been to siesta beach on the gulf side of florida, worth going?

We have been to several beaches a few miles north along the St. Pete and Tampa area. They are all wonderful compared to -1.
Can't imagine that Siesta Beach would be any different. Go. Enjoy. :)

Have a 1 degree starring at me this morning. but at least i got one. this winter degrees are like a commodity.

Last edited:
This morning woke up to -6 here in north central MN. I was gone for nearly two months and returned a couple of weeks ago. About all I have been doing since returning home is plow snow. Gotten 2-3 feet since I got back. 8-10 inches two days ago with 35 kt winds. It's nearly 4' deep across my landing strip, guess no flying for awhile.

This morning just a little snow. It's has been mild lately with highs nearing 40. After a rough winter the moose are happy about the arrival of spring.
moose_friend1.jpg
Jerry

Attachments

• moose_friend1.jpg
    moose_friend1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 185
I'm surprised to see that pic.
I have no experience with moose, but I've heard they can be pretty ornery,
and I've seen videos of them getting aggressive with people--cows & bulls both.
Is that moose a neighborhood "pet"?

Like many wildlife species, they can be very friendly, especially if acclimated to people--right up till they kick the **** out of you. As winter progresses, they get grumpier, just like us.

And, in spring, when Mom has calves.....watch out. I spent three hours one spring morning on top of the Trans Alaska Pipeline, with a cow and calves nearby. That one was close.

MTV

This is an unusual year for the poor moose. The snow is very deep and hard from previous weather events. Our property and house have been inundated with moose for the entire winter. There are too many to run off and no real place for them to go. No pets here, but just plenty of them hanging around.

I have talked to a former Fish and Game tech about the issue and he said that this is area wide in that the moose are in the subdivisions this winter.

That photo was an unexpected event. Sure it's not abnormal to have a moose cut us off from getting in the house or the horse barn but this little bulls attitude was a surprise.

Currently there is Cow/Calf combo bedded in the front yard, two cows outside the horse pasture and little bull somewhere about. It is a balancing act around here as far as the safety goes but life does go on and we are not going to hide in the house all winter.

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 8.49.23 AM.jpg
A previous shot of the morning seen trying to plug in my truck preheat.

IMG_2059.jpg
This mornings delayed walk to the barn.

I'm glad to see them survive the winter.

Jerry

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 8.49.23 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 8.49.23 AM.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2059.jpg
    IMG_2059.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
The calves are going to be easy picking for the bears if this snow pack lingers.
Yep, that calf in the last photo was stuck in a drift a couple of days ago. It was hard to watch. It finally got free. I have even changed the way I plow the driveway so as to not cause them to flee. I have also plowed some access routes along the drive so they don't get post holed crossing the berms.

Jerry

got 10 on the positive side this morning.:lol: but it was ugly yesterday. going to take the loader up the county road and see if i can get the wife to work.

Best Easter wishes to all for warm WX. It will be like this here until near the end of April.

Northern Alaska Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Fairbanks AK
641 AM AKDT Sun Apr 9 2023

.SYNOPSIS...
When its springtime in Alaska its 40 below, well 30 below anyway.

A very cold pattern over Northern Alaska will persist through next
weekend with periods of light snow. Expect surface temperatures
to remain 20F colder than normal under clouds in the Eastern
Interior and Eastern North Slope, while the the clear areas of the
Western Interior and West Coast will be near record cold with
highs near zero and lows in the 20s and 30s below through Mon.

Gary

After days of cool temps, lightning, and heavy rain? Today is lovely and 77°. 11° and a few inches of snow at home. Gotta love Alaska Airlines.

Happy Easter everyone. 60 degrees in northern MN but 24" snowpack. Really an odd April. First runup for spring hope to be airborne in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Not far from Eric. I think the wife said she saw 65 degrees but wasn't sure. Last I had looked it was 58. I walked out and measured my strip today. Nearly 3' in some places but most is a bit over 2' of either hard packed or soft/slushy crap. When I shoved the stick through the snow to measure, there is 2-4" of solid ice under the snow. With this warm weather and bit of wind it's definitely going to be gone soon.

Back