• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

how cold is it where your at?

The wind blew again. The green grass has made a full yard reappearance for like the 3rd or 4th time here in eagle river (anchorage muni) Alaska almost 50F out.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Got all the way down to 30 here in the NW corner of MT today! It's been in the 40's.... not the usual winter! I'm gonna have to start feeding cows this week, but only because they're finally running out of grass. I just hope we don't pay for it next spring/summer!
John

Looks like tropical Montana is moving north!

Both. We've got 80 pounds of table grapes frozen and canned. Plus about 10 gallons of pinot noir bubbling away.

Just a little vineyard.

You work with any of the cold hardy varieties to make Ice wine with?

Oh, and we had slowly built up a foot of snow on the ground but yesterday it warmed up and has been raining. Very little snow left and got into the mid 40s F in the hills here.

I helped a guy here start his winery. We clearly have a short growing season in the hills and the relatively new cold hardy grapes offer a rather strong flavor, different really than ice wine since these are designed to grow well after the frost has come in.

I had mentioned Ice wire previously which can be nice but is actually different than to cold hardy plants.
https://www.mngrapes.org/page/varieties

well were hovering around a minus 15-20 below. crime has come to a screeching halt, criminals dont like cold hands, cops dont even get out of there vehicles to write speeding tickets. now if all the big cities in this country could have this for a month or two, mother nature would straighten a lot of things out. i think. and the best part of it all, theres only about 10 percent of the flies and misquitos still flying around outside. whats fun to see though is the bald eagles are coming through now cleaning up the goose and deer hunting casualties, there all over.

Last edited:
It's a balmy 8 above today in OSH. But tomorrow it will drop down to around -10 before a warming trend for the weekend.

60 in Sierra Vista AZ today. Back to MN for a couple days next week. With any luck the below zero weather will be gone. Looking forward to spring in MN.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

As predicted, it was -10f when I headed out for work this morning. It's gained 5 degrees so far. Might make it above zero later today. Woohoo!!

Here in NE and NY it has not been cold enough to get thick enough ice so we can get our Ice racing season to open nor for Alton Bay runway to open.
I should not complain about a mild winter but the only time to go outside is to clear off another whole inch or two of snow. Not even feet of snow, only a little bit.

Cooled down here ........ Screenshot_20200215-065438.jpeg

Sent from my moto e5 go using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200215-065438.jpeg
    Screenshot_20200215-065438.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 151
I saw 87 today before going into Langtry to see Judge Roy Beans 'The Jersey Lilly'. Sure beat the brutal cold I was experiencing last year at this time.

High of 34 for tomorrow and 3" of snow predicted in NW MT. High of 27 for next Saturday. Maybe summer's winding down? We should still get our Indian summer.
John

Back