• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

how cold is it where your at?

I think I made a mistake! Last Thursday I was in Fredericksburg, TX, and it was a little over 80 degrees. We started our drive home on Friday. Yesterday morning, as we prepared to leave Des Moines, IA on the last leg of our trip, it was -10! This morning here in Oshkosh it was -5. What the hell was I thinking???

I think I made a mistake! Last Thursday I was in Fredericksburg, TX, and it was a little over 80 degrees. We started our drive home on Friday. Yesterday morning, as we prepared to leave Des Moines, IA on the last leg of our trip, it was -10! This morning here in Oshkosh it was -5. What the hell was I thinking???

Welcome to Wisconsin, where the air is cool enough to breathe.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

I saw -41 briefly this am while driving but snapped the photo too late. Not many people realize MN is quite brutal.

20210208_073957.jpg

Attachments

• 20210208_073957.jpg
    20210208_073957.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 864
Yea wind really amplifies the danger and complexity dealing with emergencies. Our power went out at 5AM. Really sucks being a lineman in winter up here.

South Baja Mex

guessing at high 50’s F this am fer the sunrise.

wearing a hoody under a down puffy with a beanie on my head.

still recovering from the chill while I make another espresso.

colder here this year than last at this season.

conclusive for world temp elevation. not hardly.

You should be wearing body armor in Mexico.

About the same air temperature here as in northern Minnesota but the wind chill is brutal - minus 72F.

Similar to Eric temperature wise at -40 with a -48 windchill. I had to go over to my hangar to get some parts for an airplane seat I am building. Wasn't going to try and start the car so took the sled. Amazed, the old girl started first pull. It's an old Yamaha Bravo long track. Boy howdy!! Talk about a brutal sled ride!! Probably a half mile over to the other property but darn, it was brutal out! Ride a snow machine in that temperature was not my smartest move. Maybe next time I'll slow down, or wait until it warms up. LOL

Yamaha Bravo long track - had a couple that were winterized. One's still running. Make a baffle plate with 2" duct adapter in front of the engine's cooling air outlet. Run hose to same adapter drilled in middle of dashboard for hot air heat source. That plus electric grips/throttle and windshield upper extension plus cloth covered seat material over regular covering.

Gary

Yamaha Bravo long track - had a couple that were winterized. One's still running. Make a baffle plate with 2" duct adapter in front of the engine's cooling air outlet. Run hose to same adapter drilled in middle of dashboard for hot air heat source. That plus electric grips/throttle and windshield upper extension plus cloth covered seat material over regular covering.

Gary[/QUOTE

Has all of it other that duct with scat tubing. Oh, seat is vinyl.

it's been about 65 during the day and it's been dropping all the way down to the high 40's at night around here! I have to wear a sweatshirt most of the day or I don't feel comfortable in my cargo shorts! San Diego, CA.

Too dang cold here now. Its negative something. Obviously southeast Montana hasn't got the memo about global waming. Hoping for some climate changr fairly quickly.

This morning in your backyard Keith. Northwest of a park Rapids on Bad Medicine Lake. Supposed to be colder tonight. 39DDDF05-9D25-44C2-BBBB-F1C072E6BBB1.jpg

Attachments

• 39DDDF05-9D25-44C2-BBBB-F1C072E6BBB1.jpg
    39DDDF05-9D25-44C2-BBBB-F1C072E6BBB1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 136
A screen shot of the local mesonet temps (f) within a ten mile radius of two local airports, Palmer and Wasilla this morning.

It's been a chilly dry November.

temps.jpg

Jerry

Attachments

• temps.jpg
    temps.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 117
Northwestern Canada had above average temperatures from mid-September through early November. Since then, temperatures have been below average. It was -30C (-22F) this morning and wind chill at -40C (-40F).

Play this carnival of colors outlook that shows forecast temps from normal. Lower 48 gets our cold around Dec 7th.

Not bad today in Fairbanks - -27F - with a little less than 5 hrs of daylight. About time to walk the dog at the airport.

Gary

Slight temp inversion here in the hills just North of Fairbanks, -21 here at the house, 1,350’ elevation, valley floor is 433’ at PAFA.

Mike

^^^^No wind Mike so the inversion is thick. Winds from south increasing tomorrow to cut off the top of the inversion? Warming some after Dec 6th. Another La Nina winter like 2020-21.

Edit: Near record cold November wx for parts of Alaska - he does a good summary.

Gary

Last edited:
Let's see, it hit 64 degrees here in Bozeman today...apparently an all time record, by a significant margin, for the date.

No snow below about 8 K.

MTV

Let's see, it hit 64 degrees here in Bozeman today...apparently an all time record, by a significant margin, for the date.

No snow below about 8 K.

MTV

I saw 62 here today Mike. I’m looking forward to winter and ski flying. Hope it isn’t too far off.

For the last 10 days the TX temps have averaged around 70° higher than my AK home temps. And some folks wonder why people snowbird? I’m not a full-fledged snowbird but I’ll take what I can get!

Back